+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: (if you lived in the era of swords) What Would You Do

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (if you lived in the era of swords) What Would You Do

remember, "samurai times" is a very broad timespan, and he never said you had to be a samurai, or even live in japan.

as for me, it would be a two- edged sword (no pun intended) i mean, people in those days, as mentioned before, respected honor. a thing ppl may not realise is how much these days we don't. people broken down in their cars may be passed by hundereds of others before someone has the humility to stop and help them. most (i said most) people anymore are more concerened with their day- to day lives and bettering themselves than to stop and help the least fortunate. you wouldnt belive the ammount of ppl that may donate things during christmas time, almost like its in style. but they do nothing the rest of the year.

to the contrary, im not saying the sengoku period was all sugar and spice. you may have lived by the sword, but you also more often than not, died by it. if not that, then a sickness fo which there was no cure. also, being an avid gamer, i would miss my technology

perhaps a happy medium? think Final Fantasy XII. they have guns and airships and such, but swords, bows and honor are still abundant. i think it would work for me

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow a good topic..(>_<)!!?

well for me, I rather hunt down bad guys more likely to be a bounty hunter or something with a lot of powerful comrades. heheheh.. Or just explore the unexplord land of the world. Like hunting treasures, discovering new lands, creatures or in that sort..heheheh.. I want to have some duels with other people too, for me to determine my strength.heheheh

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

Newbie cookiemonster is off to a good start cookiemonster's Avatar
    Thanks

well im almost there because i am learning how to use a sword! Not the wimpy katana either im talking about the massive English greatswords, and German messers, and Italian rapiers!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

WoW! Cool cookiemonster!!! That is great ^^ I would like that too, but, firstly, I think it would be too hard for me to rise an English greatsword

Well I looooove swords!!!!! I find guns a very silly invention and I find that shoot someone with a gun is no art at all, while learning to master a sword is real art...

So, obviously I would love to live in a time of swords- if I could learn mastering them that is... I would really enjoy it very much!!! ^^ Well, immagining that I could really fight etc. and wouldn't freak out that is... Which is highly unlikely... But we can always dream and mastering a sword is what I'll always dream about...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie cookiemonster is off to a good start cookiemonster's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: (if you lived in the era of swords) What Would You Do

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    learning to master a sword is real art...

So, obviously I would love to live in a time of swords- if I could learn mastering them that is... I would really enjoy it very much!!! ^^ Well, immagining that I could really fight etc. and wouldn't freak out that is... Which is highly unlikely... But we can always dream and mastering a sword is what I'll always dream about...
    I would definitly have to agree with you. if you would like i can help you on your way to learn how to fight in the art of combat

Association for Renaissance Martial Arts - Swords & Swordsmanship

visit this website and watch some of the videos (especially the ones with
    John C. he is the director/top dog of arma.

learning this is an art and it is difficult and IS Dangerous if not done properly
    “Keiichi,” Belldandy breathed. “If anodder wooma luuksh at you, I’ll sheal her in a Happy Meal bocksh!”

Newbie INUYASHA is off to a good start INUYASHA's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Would You Do....................

so wat your trying to say is you cant live without the things we have today

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    well im almost there because i am learning how to use a sword! Not the wimpy katana either im talking about the massive English greatswords, and German messers, and Italian rapiers!

...whimpy katana? and you prefer a rapier?

ill give you that most germanic swords where well made (as is most german things period) but as for english swords, i cant say the same. in most of europe, swords where shelled out as fast as possible, and the quality was horrendous. in japan, however, a single katana may take weeks to complete, but when it was, it rarely broke ane was far superior in quality from most other swords.

...a rapier?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ochi Gate For This Useful Post:

FuzzyBearofDoom (Jan 08, 2008)

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....wtf. The katana wimpy. Its only the strongest and most durable of any sword created. Folded over 1000's of times to make it even stronger. I mean co'mon try and say that your great sword or raiper went through that. Back in the day many great swords were made hollow so they could make more faster. Katanas wimpy what a joke.

As for me I'd live in the samurai era. Edo I beleive is the correct one. I've already trained with a katana and I would love to see some real fights. Though I couldn't kill someone, unless it was to defend myself.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Billum256 For This Useful Post:

FuzzyBearofDoom (Jan 08, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast