+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Newbie never be alone is off to a good start never be alone's Avatar
    Thanks

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

I'm sorry I havent been on much So first I say hello to everyone second when I read this I was outraged beacause it described me too much in it I decided to get the opinions of other people and this is the best forum I can thing of to get good logical views on it so here it is

(This was an actual letter sent out by the St. Mary's Church.)

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
    child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counseling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nail polish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (*Remark: it's Count Chocula, not Dracula, idiots.)

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All I had to say was this
    This decribes not only people like me that wear black everyday but people that watch TV and play RPG games its stupid and the church should be ashamed to have even sent out such a letter. Pls I dont mean to offend any people here I'm not saying the religion they follow in general is stupid just the people that came up with this letter and had the nerve to send it out.

Best wishes,
    Never Be Alone
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 03, 2008 at 05:58 PM.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

For one, this is pretty old...it's been referred to in various places on the net since 2005. Two, what proof is there that this isn't a complete hoax? From what I've seen, the actual origins of this letter are sketchy at best and the first articles/websites/emails mentioning it don't even agree on which St. Mary's (a common name as far as churches go) sent it out.

Do you have any credible sources that back this up as being true?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

Of course I see ur point in asking this but no I dont and ur right it could be a hoax, but suppose it isnt that what Im trying to get at here

I apologize also that this is old, But it only recently came to my attention from a friend showing me this I only wish for the opinion of others on this matter

Best wishes,
    Never be alone
    -Thanks for posting

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by never be alone View Post
    -Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nail polish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
    ]
    -Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (*Remark: it's Count Chocula, not Dracula, idiots.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
    I know it's old, and the credibility of this letter was questionable, but i still find it funny that the aspects i left in there are immediately linked to being goth. "Expresses and interest in sex" and "masturbates" make me the laugh, due to the fact that these don't pertain to being goth, but to hitting puberty.

I always find it funny when i think of who would actually believe all this schlock. And i must feel sympathy for the child in question. It's always unhealthy to be forced out of who you are.
    Why hello there!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

If you look at it as a parody (like watching educational films from the 50's), it's actually pretty funny. I laughed a few of these:

Since when is Philosophy a cult religion, or a religion at all?
    Besides "Count Dracula", are there other goth-related foods? Where can I find them?
    If my child were drinking blood, I'd worry less about goths and more about AIDS, hepatitis, etc.
    Expressing interest in sex/masturbating...so pretty much every human being with a normal sex drive is goth.
    "...homosexual and/or bisexual"...I didn't know it was possible to be both at the same time.

I just think this is way too over the top to be real, and since there's no proof that it is it isn't worth getting outraged over. Come on, enjoy the silliness of it!
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, most of the stuff on the list describe normal teenagers, especially the "Complains of Bordom", "Sleeps Excessivly", and "Eats Excessivly or too little".

This letter is utter crock spread by those who fear what they do not understand.

I've known a great deal of goths when I was in high school, I even dated one for two years. Besides their outward appearence, they are pretty much normal people who like different things. But of course there are always exceptions to this, as there are always exceptions to everything.

Thanks

Ok so I wasnt OUTRAGE I was amused mostly but none the less it irritated me (I guess would be the proper term for what it made me feel) cuz there IS someone in the world thinking like this period and to write this as if interpreting the lord to boot, bah

Best wishes,
    Never Be Alone
    -Thanks for posting

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by never be alone View Post
    Ok so I wasnt OUTRAGE I was amused mostly but none the less it irritated me (I guess would be the proper term for what it made me feel) cuz there IS someone in the world thinking like this period and to write this as if interpreting the lord to boot, bah

Best wishes,
    Never Be Alone
    -Thanks for posting
    If the religous right had their way, the entire world would be embroiled in a crusade to destroy everything that wasn't holy, wholesome, or good in their eyes, Human rights would be forced back into pre-19th century status, and more then likely we would be put back into another dark ages just like after the Roman Empire fell.

Lets face it, Christianty in general is responsable for more death and destruction then anything elese besides natural disasters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast