Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: If Your're gay...Back away.......

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If Your're gay...Back away.......

one point...

not all gay people are actually transexuals and/or act like girls... some friends of mine actually look and act straight but are not gay...

another...

not all gay people are that disgusting... the only disgusting thing i don't like about gay people are those who are too open in talking about their sex lives and all their lustful encounters in public even in front of those they are onloy acquainted to...

third...

not all gays are full blown gays... most are actually confused and still actually have crushes on other girls, but they admit they prefer looking at boys...

fourth...

it feels easier and more lax to be around a gay who told you they were gay rather than when you found out from someone else that they were... i mean... why do they need to hide it?

last... (and this is my personal look on the topic)

there is nothing wrong with being gay i guess... it might be an antistar=ndard or unnatural, but it's a fact of life... i deal with it like i deal with the fact that i need to breath, eat, and sleep. i treat them like any other person i encounter (but i have to admit that i have a shorter temper when it comes to gays, and i do have my setbacks, i sometimes do not treat them well when i don't feel like holding my inhibitions intact)...

not that i am actually putting great effort into mingling with them, the fact is, everyone puts an effort just mingling with everyone, even your friends, parents, and siblings... it's already a part of the modern world... there's nothing wrong about it... so why treat them badly?

i have a level of respect for them, i believe it took them great courage to actually show the world that they existed, in a world where manliness and femininity were such great opposing and uniting forces alltogether...

i salute you... but please, if you wish to be respected (based on my second and third ponts), just act respectable and not too flamboyant in telling the world you just have great hormones... show them you're not just all about sex... (i hated gays before because of that)
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I was cruel ta a gay person once, but it had nothin' ta do wit his sexual preference. It was 'cause he was a pushy person and wouldn' get the message that I wasn' gay. I tried bein' polite at first, but then I had ta get jus' plain rude. How many different ways does one haveta tell a person "I'm not gay" 'fore they finally get the message? Yet I have no problems wit ppl's sexual preferences, I have a problem wit pushy ppl who can' take a hint. I've have alot of gay friends who r like me and thought that it was inappropriate behavior on the part of that person. They even volunteered ta beat the crap outta him, but I persuaded them not to. Most gays that I've encountered r nice and not pushy 'bout their lifestyle. And they don' appreciate ppl who r. They respected me and my lifestyle, and I respect them and theirs.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Man you guys must be all living in San Fransisco?? I never really encountered many gays in my life. The only time i can remember was when this guy was giving me wierd looks. I was so creeped out, and offended at the same time.

As far as how I would treat them, I would treat them like everyone else. As long as they dont come on to me that is.

But have I ever been shunned because of my sxuality? No, at least not yet. I'm...mildly? bisexual (I've been attracted to other girls occasionally), and I don't think I plan to let any of my peers or relatives know that.
    I wouldnt call yourself Bi yet. It might be a trend or your just experimenting. Wait till your a little older to make a final ruling on that.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The world is not a politically correct utopia... nor would it be incredibly interesting if it were that way. As long as you don't harm someone, threaten to harm someone or otherwise set out to be malicious: I honestly believe you have the right to voice even an unpopular or unfriendly opinion.

People will be cruel to you at one point or another based on just about anything: your economic background, your race, your gender, your sexuality, your age, the way to dress, the way you speak, your family, your friends, a disability, a disease... The world is cruel and there are quite a few meanspirited people in it.

When you come out and admit to an alternate sexuality: you are inviting criticism and adversity. WE KNOW THAT. And in a lot of ways, the more shit people throw at us: the more that builds us up. We don't need to be babied, befriended or shielded from playground-level criticism or dirty looks.

As far as I'm concerned hate crime legislation shouldn't even exist. Killing, beating, or torturing another human being on ANY basis is wrong and should be dealt with on an equal level of severity.

Most of us don't want "special" treatment... we want the right to be treated like everyone else.

In reality: everyone endures cruelty. We all need to just deal with it.

I think white supremacists and mexican immigrants are currently dealing with more vitriole on a daily basis in the United States than gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transexuals. We've made tremendous progress in the last several years and I honestly believe that I'm lucky to be an American where I don't face the dealth penalty or imprisonment for liking to sleep with people of my own gender.

If you want to hate me because I'm gay... that's as legitimate a reason as hating me because I'm a liberal or republican or fat or a geek or ugly or pretty or a "bitch" or anything else... (ie. not a very legitimate reason, but ones we use every single day in deciding who we will be friendly to, who we will ignore entirely and who we'll be cruel to)
    Yes, BUT; You shouldn't hate anyone for any reason. Sure its not a utopia, but people should at least try.

I don't agree with you on where you said that people should have a voice as long as their not hurting anyone. IMO people shouldn't be allowed to go and call an African American the N-word, and start talking about how black people are inferior and white people are superior. Its just not right.

It would be a really hateful place if everyone did that. A lot more fights would be started, and it would rise into violence. The hate crime policy protects people mainly because it discourages acts of violence and aggression based on race, nationality, religion, etc.

Without laws like that, it would be exactly the same as before the 1970s. Where everyone especially white people just openly talk about black people, chinese people, Japanese people, and so on, using derogatory terms. It hurts peoples feelings and its just wrong.

Now on to gay people. I've noticed that when ever rules are listed, to say not to discriminate against race, nationality, age, height, weight, ethnicity, religion, or marital status, it never once states not to discriminate against sexual orientation.

That really gets on my nerves. You shouldn't be allowed to discriminate at all, including against gays. Hypocritical.

I wouldnt call yourself Bi yet. It might be a trend or your just experimenting. Wait till your a little older to make a final ruling on that.
    I don't agree. You're being too closed minded. For you, there's three labels. You're either Straight, Bi, or Gay. You cant be both, and cant be all three, you have to be one, and if you dont like juust the right amount of the opposite sex, you're not bi.

I don't agree with that. A gay person can come across a girl and be attracted to her. A straight guy can come across a guy and find him attractive. There really doesn't have to be strict categories to put people in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mellow maromi For This Useful Post:

r1s456 (Dec 20, 2007)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't agree. You're being too closed minded. For you, there's three labels. You're either Straight, Bi, or Gay. You cant be both, and cant be all three, you have to be one, and if you dont like just the right amount of the opposite sex, you're not bi.
    I said this because the person is young, and is just finding themself and who they are. This might just be a temp phase of that. If your gay you usually now it, and have always known it. Not im kinda mildly Bi.

I think you need to look at a dictionary and get familiar with the terms.

Straight= You only like the opposite sex
    Gay=you like the same sex
    Bi=You like both

"You cant be both, and cant be all three, you have to be one." Thats because that all the possibility's out there, and you have to fall in one.

I don't agree with that. A gay person can come across a girl and be attracted to her. A straight guy can come across a guy and find him attractive. There really doesn't have to be strict categories to put people in.
    If hes gay he can't. If a gay guy does this hes not gay hes Bi. Unless hes finding that girl attractive in an non-sexual way.

The same goes for the strait guy. He can find a guy attractive in an non-sexual way, but if he doesn't hes not strait.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

You see, then the lables change and the definitions change as well. Dont think of it as Straight Bi and Gay. Its just how you are naturally attracted to and it could be anyone. You shouldn't generalize.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mellow maromi For This Useful Post:

r1s456 (Dec 20, 2007)

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

I would never treat some one so hobile just because they where gay. i got gay fam mebers so it has never crossed my mined to be mean. just the other day when my gamps was over i wanted to say thats gay but i didnt cuz i didnt want to be disrespectfull. i like people for who they are on the inside..

Tanks zyta

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Would you be mean to a gay person?
    Most certainly not. I can't be mean at all, to be honest... Unless it's someone that's being rude to me or my loved ones...

Have you or have you not had this experience?
    Yes I have. I am bisexual woman... So not only do I get hassled by straight people, but by gay people as well! Sounds strange, no? A lot of people say, "You are just a slut - You want to sleep with everything." Soooo not true! I am not saying I'm bisexual for attention. It just so happens it's my preference. I have someone in my life right now whom I love very much, and it happens to be a man. So sometimes the lesbian community scoff at me, and say, "So you like women? Then why are you with a guy?" It's irritating.

It frustrates me that everything is about sex, in my case. I am not like that! I don't run around shagging everything that moves!! I am in love with someone. What's wrong with love? You know... It sucks there is still so much hatred in the world. Seeing someone in love, or just being who they are without regret should make people happy, not make them hate. *sigh*

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast