Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: If Your're gay...Back away.......

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If Your're gay...Back away.......

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I don't agree with you on where you said that people should have a voice as long as their not hurting anyone. IMO people shouldn't be allowed to go and call an African American the N-word, and start talking about how black people are inferior and white people are superior. Its just not right.

It would be a really hateful place if everyone did that. A lot more fights would be started, and it would rise into violence. The hate crime policy protects people mainly because it discourages acts of violence and aggression based on race, nationality, religion, etc.
    Reality check: the world IS a hateful place. We are ALL judged on a nearly daily basis for all sorts of things. We can't all pick daisies together, link hands and sing kumbaya because we all believe and want different things in our utopia. The very IDEA of most utopian societies is that they are acheived by eliminating undesirables and those who disagree with the prevailing mindset.

We NEED conflict. And we NEED the right to exist as "abberant" social groups. Alternate sexualities may be growing more mainstream, but without the right to free speech and the inability of people to kill or arrest us for being who we are has a big part to play in that.

You're saying that white supremacists shouldn't have that same right? BS. We don't need to agree with them to recognize that their RIGHT TO EXIST is every bit as important as our own. The same goes for black panthers, religious extremists, "psychics", overweight people, the mentally ill, etc.

If they break the law: they should be arrested. But if they are operating within the boundaries of established society: we all need to just DEAL.

The world is NOT perfect. And thanks to that, we're here at all. Because at one in history, we were very much out of line with just about everyone's notion of "Utopia".

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... Interesting topic.
    A lot of people think I'm gay upon first meeting me. (It doesn't help that my movements are pretty effeminate and I go limp in the wrist when I smoke cigs, LOL.) So, I've been accused/teased for "being gay". It's funny busting people's bubbles--sorry guys, I'm not gay and you're not my type.

I have TONS of gay friends. Most of them are from high school. I wasn't black enough and they weren't straight, so we kinda were a crew of outcasts and vagabonds. People shouldn't be teased/criticized on thier sexual preference. They ARE human and DO deserve our respect!

One of my closest friends is bi-sexual (which means he's gay, he just can't choose a side, LOL.), so disrespecting any other homosexual would be like disrespecting him. Homosexuality goes back since before the birth of Christ, so why should it be wrong now, when it wasn't back then?

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Society's turned gays in to the new black people. I see more gay civil rights movements now, than my granmother has seen black movements, LOL.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Reality check: the world IS a hateful place. We are ALL judged on a nearly daily basis for all sorts of things. We can't all pick daisies together, link hands and sing kumbaya because we all believe and want different things in our utopia. The very IDEA of most utopian societies is that they are acheived by eliminating undesirables and those who disagree with the prevailing mindset.

We NEED conflict. And we NEED the right to exist as "abberant" social groups. Alternate sexualities may be growing more mainstream, but without the right to free speech and the inability of people to kill or arrest us for being who we are has a big part to play in that.

You're saying that white supremacists shouldn't have that same right? BS. We don't need to agree with them to recognize that their RIGHT TO EXIST is every bit as important as our own. The same goes for black panthers, religious extremists, "psychics", overweight people, the mentally ill, etc.

If they break the law: they should be arrested. But if they are operating within the boundaries of established society: we all need to just DEAL.

The world is NOT perfect. And thanks to that, we're here at all. Because at one in history, we were very much out of line with just about everyone's notion of "Utopia".
    Yes, but look at it this way. Discrimination laws are stricter then ever. Back in the 1960s people openly called african americans "nigger" and "gigaboo". Now, if you say that you can be tried against. Its been tabooed. And for the best too.

Now, with all these restrictions, crime committees, laws, and regulations, were in more peace then ever. If you want to loosen these laws, it will go down hill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellow maromi For This Useful Post:

r1s456 (Dec 20, 2007)

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I do have friends that are gay. But I don't like their lifestyle. I mean those friends are nice,but I don't like idea of 2 boys or 2 girls being together.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have a problem with it. What ever people want to do in privacy is their business and it's none of my concern.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mellow maromi For This Useful Post:

r1s456 (Dec 20, 2007)

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I come from a really small country where homosexualism is not that easy to see, so I have very little idea of how it is for those people and no one has ever bothered me (like... a girl touching me or something o.~ yak!)

But well I've seen some transexuals already since I came to London and I even have a bisexual friend! And she's damn cool She also knew I'm straight and didn't bug me in any way, it was nice to talk about that a bit to her

As long as they don't touch me I'm ok with them... might throw and odd look but that's just because I'm not very used to it. Well if they'd get too close.... "Back away!" Would be really something from the dictionary I could use

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i love gay guys more then strate guys. cuz i can talk to gay guys about guys so i like that.

Tanks zyta

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    i love gay guys more then strate guys. cuz i can talk to gay guys about guys so i like that.
    I have never went shopping with a gay guy,but if u did go shopping they could probably help u pick out outfits. I watch those fashion type shows sometimes. I like to hear them talk its funny!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast