+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: immortality or death

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: immortality or death

I choose death over immortality any day of the week.

I like the idea of there being an end somewhere along the way.
    If I lived forever I'd go on doing the same crap with no end in sight. In death I am almost 100% sure I will be at peace or at least free from my bodily constraints, obligations and responsibilities.

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

Death because it is unnatural to me I can't see death being something I would look forward to or will ever give in to. There are infinite things to see learn and experience you need immortality to achieve all of this. It always saddens me when I see people actually choose death because they want peace can't handle the troubles of life and don't want to experience it forever. Well that's not life, its not ment to be painful forever change things so you actually enjoy your life.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Immortality is worse... of course.

Even if nothing happens, even if its only that everything goes black, and there is nothing after life... you can't deny that dieing is something we are supposed to experience.

If you lived forever you would eventually feel gypped out of your experience. You'll never know for sure that one aspect of life...
    Death is unavoidable part of life,
    For all we know something really awesome happens when we die.

It always saddens me when I see people actually choose death because they want peace can't handle the troubles of life and don't want to experience it forever. Well that's not life, its not ment to be painful forever change things so you actually enjoy your life.
    Um, you say life isn't MEANT to be sad? How do you know that? You and everyone you know has experienced sadness. If we weren't supposed to know sadness, then no one would. The reality is... Its not that life isn't meant to be sad, it's that life isn't meant to be everlasting (or it would be).

It saddens me to think that everyone so quickly assumes that what we can experience here, (on this planet, in this life).... Is ALL we have to look forward to. Vast majorities of populations agree in a belief that something happens to your spiritual being (energy) when your body gives out. You may be denying yourself of the most important experience of all by never dieing.

Besides, Why would I wanna be stuck in this life with all these other (stupid) people? For an infinite amount of time? People annoy me already and I'm only 26.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I would rather be immortal Because I would live for a long time, and get to see the start of something and the end of something, andthe best part of immortality is No kids

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Immortality is probably the worst for where as death is humbaling, knowing that one day you may lose it all makes you appreciate what you do all the more so. If your immortal you will iventually become more and more unappreciative of what you have as you never run the risk of losing all that you hold dear, and anything you do lose you will eventually gain it back. Not to mention it would get rather boring after a while.
    A good analagy would be playing the most amazing game ever that you are just absolutly addicted to. How ever, after finding all the cheats all the quests, all the acheavments, beat the game every way possible and continuing playing it over and over again, you will iventualy get tired of it.

@Brandon Grave Heat
    Where the hell do you get the idea of not being able to have kids? Your immortal, not impotant. You can have as many kids as you want and will out live all of them... Come to think of it... What would you say to a girl/guy who asks you as to how many other girls/guys have you been with and you have been around for lets say 1,000 years.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Where the hell do you get the idea of not being able to have kids?

well Scourge.
    Did you have watch a show series or moive series called "Highlander"
    The charaters in that world like Connor or duncan or Amanda or kate are not able to have kids because of their immortally

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    Where the hell do you get the idea of not being able to have kids?

well Scourge.
    Did you have watch a show series or moive series called "Highlander"
    The charaters in that world like Connor or duncan or Amanda or kate are not able to have kids because of their immortally
    Yes, I have, but this is not about highlander, also, there have been many other stories as well where a person is immortal but is not allowed to commit a certain act with out losing their immortality or what ever special gift they have been given. Such as they can not lose their virginety, fall in love, hurt an innocent, ect, with out losing their gift as a limitation.
    But still, I would like to see what would happen when the immortal was asked the question of how many people they were with before finding this new person. It would be a laugh and a half.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

But the Topic is about immortal or death, right So I would chose to be an immortal
    Just like highlander because in order to have that gift after death there body gives up the right to have kids or to make kids

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast