+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: immortality or death

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: immortality or death

Well if you by the Highlander stand point, being immortal isn't always the case, when you get your head cut off, then you would be finally done for.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 28, 2009)

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Well if you by the Highlander stand point, being immortal isn't always the case, when you get your head cut off, then you would be finally done for.
    Ture, but that could be said for normal humans or any other type of immortal, like vamp, demon, Angel, Ah but what if you were a immortal horsemen like death, war, pestlance or famamim would getting your head cut off count as death?. yes in my book

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Well see thats the problem with saying immortal, because there are always different loop holes. Like take C.C. from Code Geass for example, she could be cut into pieces and not die. However she can stop being immortal once she gets someone to take her place.

Even in immortally its hard to say if even it will be forever since there are some loop holes, you might just live a really long time instead of forever. This is just my observation.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 28, 2009)

Thanks

Ture but that is immortalty by contract and another example of that would be EVE from Wolf-ram-heart of the angel/ buffy world and also it is changing of the guard because EVE was given back her motalliy after she left wolf ram and heart because she was forced out her Contract and no longer a Child of the Senior partners after Lindsey returns to her...

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

*Facepalm* The Horsemen of The Apocalypse?! Friggin awesome. So what does that have to do with a random person being immortal?

Being immortal would be worse then death for me. I don't want to spend any extra time on this mess of a world than I have to. I will go when the time comes... I have a feeling I'll be 101 when I finally hit the dirt. LOL.

And NO, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate my life, or that I don't have happiness. I have a wonderful life, full of great family, friends, and an amazing husband. But this world is a big disgusting pile of garbage, thanks to people making it that way. There's death, war, disease, murder, rape, genocide, etc. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with that a few centuries.

And don't you dare give some other stupid movie/anime reference either. That's how I feel so I don't care about Duncan. Even though Highlander is HOT!
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Aug 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 28, 2009)

Thanks

Being immortal is like a second chance at life so what you live forever, look 50% of burn out or wastle their life, immortal is not a curse it is a blessing, but death no matter How your are take out of this world you are goine forever..

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Life without death is like school without graduation. At some point you'll want to advance to a higher spiritual plane instead of being stuck to a certain level of the same lessons. You have a body and will continue to learn the same lessons until you pass and trade it for more advanced lessons.

Not dying is like repeating a level of school like you're remedial. There is a time for everything in the sun. If people chose to be immortal then we'd run out of parking spots. A time to die balances a time for birth. We learn to share, care, think and feel. We learn to do, to act, to justify. To relate, to search for truth, to experience, to love. When it all becomes old hat we advance according to God's good time and plan.

The fruit becomes ripe and must be plucked. It leaves behind seed before being overly ripe... time to go to infinity and beyond. Death is graduating, leaving behind some legacy and a fond farewell to old classmates and teachers before embracing true grace and dignity... where one find themselves of those who rank immortal but on a spiritual plane.

Death is learning to let go. Let go of avarice, possessions, material stuff, lust, and things of the world. Promises of immortality can, paradoxically, only come after death. Kinda like graduating high school so you can climb the ladder of success higher in college.. and onward to higher learning. Beyond that is a mystery. Death is inevitable to the body.. but the soul is immortal and will continue to passionately learn the wisdom of the ages.

So essentially this question is a paradox.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Aging and dying is part of life. I'd be content to just experience every stage of this existence. ^_^

~piga

o~Piggy-san~o

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pigtaru For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Sep 01, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast