+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indian Wedding

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Indian Wedding

OKay, Im not sure if this is allowed but I really need help on doing this since google and yahoo are being jacka$$es. So if this does not belong, I apologize.

My friend Supreeta is getting married in a few weeks and she wants me to wedding plan. I have done some research but I am still lost. Anyone know what i should do? The color scheme is red and gold, and the guest list is over 500. Thats all she really gave me. Anyone know how to do a proper Indian wedding without having me look retarded?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Indian Wedding

Hmm..

Appropiate Gifts-

Gold jewelry, but that is usually given by the bride's parents, so Idk but people do it anyways(:.. Some people give really nice sarees to the bride. "jcullum" has given the best answer. Usually you give money to the couple at their wedding, so that too. Therefore, jewelery..I mean I would. Or things they needs for the house. Or a cool elephant sculpture...Hehe, I would get a penguin ^^.

Clothing, etc..

you will not be expected to wear traditional Indian clothing, in case you were worried about that. (: But it's loads of fun, and can look extremely charming if you decide to do so.

- In general, avoid pure black or pure white. White is worn at funerals, and black signifies mourning. Weddings are festive events, and bright colors are always best. Ha. Red is not mandatory for the guests, but traditionally the bride is dressed in red.
    I'm not sure if this applies everywhere, but sometimes, the girls attending the mehndi wear yellow.

* Gold bangles are cool. You can also have a bracelet and watch too.
    * Though red is traditionally bride's colour, it does not stop you from wearing one. Infact, the traditional groom's colour is white and all the males wear white (particularly in Kerala)

Ermm.. Seriously, have you tried Wiki?

Hindu wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OH && don't they have an elephant you ride on because the bride can never touch the ground?
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm... An Indian wedding. I suggest you to wear a dress, wear some sort of head wrap, Gold jewelry *earrings, necklaces and etc. Avoid black, and white. Try to wear something that's like orange and red. And try to look pretty. xD

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha, that's basically what I said. (:.
    Do you have a specific date for the wedding?
    Yeah, Bye.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    OKay, Im not sure if this is allowed but I really need help on doing this since google and yahoo are being jacka$$es. So if this does not belong, I apologize.

My friend Supreeta is getting married in a few weeks and she wants me to wedding plan. I have done some research but I am still lost. Anyone know what i should do? The color scheme is red and gold, and the guest list is over 500. Thats all she really gave me. Anyone know how to do a proper Indian wedding without having me look retarded?
    Here is a few sites I found that may help...
    Indian Wedding Site – Indian Wedding Vendors, Clothes, Invitations, and Pictures.
    Wedding Sutra.com :: Tips on Planning Indian Weddings.
    ... and I know someone who knows someone etc, etc... but first I have to know what your friends religion is? What type of ceremony are they having? It could make a huge difference.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks you guys!!!1 You all really do help a lot!
    Im going to take these into consideration.

(btw- my sari is red!!!! ^_^)

Feburary 14, 2009.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Indian wedding? like what kind a Indian? Native American, or Indian for India??? I'm confussed.

Oh and the Indian wedding? I'm Indian, but I don't know about much weddings, why? lol because no one does Indian weddings where I'm from. I hardly see anyone get that kind a thing, I know some people got like regular weddings. but a Indian one? thats a toughy, well good luck with it though.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    Ha, that's basically what I said. (:.
    hahahahahahaha. trying to help xD but, i know. I just looked it up on the internet.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

+ Reply to Thread