+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Influential Statements

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Influential Statements

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    it should be it came froma movie it's latin and it's aline from robin williams i think
    no wonder i recogonise it, i wasn't sure where i new it from but yeah thats a good statement to cover my life fully over with.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a few more actually

"When life kicks you in the groins, get up and TEAR the groins off life!"

Basically this states for me, if life hurts you, hurt life. So very moving for me.

"You have your honor, let me die with mine."

this came from The Last Samurai, the scene where Katsumoto commits sepukku. Now, I'm not one to show much emotion, but since I'm a movie nut, I do show it through movies. This scene practically made me ball my eyes out. ESPECIALLY when the Imperial Army bowed to show respect. To me this indicates that people have their own customs, I try to respect that even though I fail at times.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    "I love a woman who can kick my ass."

~Spike Spiegel
    you have not yet failed to amuse me, inner hell! that is one of the classic lines of history.
    Why hello there!

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Deaths a bitc@ that line i would say is super true and i agree and i like it the most.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well I have this to lead me
    -"the world will end. How is up to the people"
    death and life are one and the same

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

it's still and it'll always be for me ...
    "Even if a rainbow is broken there's still the sky"
    Airgear ,Opening theme song ...
    it's a pattern for endless hope and it did really affect my life ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    it should be it came froma movie it's latin and it's aline from robin williams i think
    Actually it is from a poem by Horace and was quoted in the movie. Carpe diem is translated as "seize the day" though the more literal translation is "harvest the day".

My own favorites are on my profile page. Among them are:

"If I have befriended my enemy have I not destroyed him"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Why keep an enemy when you can make a friend?

"I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating."
    -Sophocles

That one speaks for itself I think.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
    -George Santayana

I see this happening so much it astonishes me. No, you are not the exception. If everyone else dies/cries/gets hurt/is abused/etc doing it you will be too.

"Those who take offense when offense is not intended are fools, and those who take offense when offense is intended are bigger fools."
    -Brigham Young

Oh, wouldn't the world be a better place if people weren't so ready to be offended all the time?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

time for a shot in the arm!

another quote i like i just recently rediscovered.

"the opposite of war isnt peace. its creation." from RENT

i think of this as one of those cheschire cat "not everything is as it seems" things.

because war does not beget peace, war begets destruction. and whats the opposite of destruction? creation.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast