+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: intelligent life form

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: intelligent life form

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    assuming that other life forms visited us, do you think they are smarter than us humans on this planet.

i say yes as how the HELL do you think they got here which take million of years for us if we travel to their planet. for them and their spaceship it may take what... one two weeks or somthing maybe less or more?
    I think your own statement answers every thing.

" If " ( that is if ) they visited us and came from a different solar system,They would be a hell of alot smarter than eny one around here due to they came from a different solar system and they have the technology to do it.If they were a bunch of duma**es they would have not made it so far.

And this is all under the assumption they came here but i yet to see one land in my backyard or eny were else in that matter.So is there intelligent life out there ? yes i would think so its just stupid to think were the only living things in all of space.But i yet to see eny come here from some were else in the solar system.

So ill just kick back and wait i guess.
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 07, 2007 at 08:13 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

intelgent life has always been out there
    and i dont think they will comunicate
    with us till we can have world peace
    becuase man kind is to chaotic and
    still in its infancy tech wise and in its
    comunication skills the war in iraq is proof
    of this.

but when we smrten up then they
    will think about comunicating with us.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't say they are more intelligent than us, probably just smarter.

What I mean is that their ancestors might have developed the technology long ago and their evolution has stopped at this point, causing them to forget how their technology works. In which case we could be more intelligent. However, they as a race would probably be smarter than us because they worked together for a common goal. Which we seem to have a problem with.

As for the fact that they have not come to our planet yet, all that means is that they, as a civilization, are younger than a few hundred million years old. The generally agreed upon number is within a few hundred million years for a civilization to completely colonize our galaxy once it has started space travel. From a cosmic point of view(heck even by global standards) that is a very short time.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone put any thought that if we do meet something other worldly that intelligence can be interperated in different ways? they could have a high degree of knowlage in biomechanics or ceramics but limited knowlage in metalurgy or computers.....what if they run everything out of organics...grow the computers, grow the ships, but have no knowlage on how to make steel or aluminum. are they still intelligent? in metal no but they are leagues ahead in biosciences...or that they can harness the elements where we force it to our will...are we intelligent enough to spot or even realize true intelligence when we see it???once we can see that, maybe we have a chance at meeting something in the (other) catagory...
    Don't Panic

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    assuming that other life forms visited us, do you think they are smarter than us humans on this planet.

i say yes as how the HELL do you think they got here which take million of years for us if we travel to their planet. for them and their spaceship it may take what... one two weeks or somthing maybe less or more?
    i guess you've mentioned everything i need to say because yes they will surely be smarter than us because that's the cause of their arrival here ,intelligent discovery missions or maybe invasion in anyway i don't care
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I wouldn't necesarrily say that if they are capable of reaching Earth before we are capable of reaching them, that they would be smater. A number of factors could account for such. They could have had a head start on us, perhaps they've got better materials to work with, maybe their fuel costs < $1 per litre, etc, etc..

Plus, as mentioned before, intelligence is a broad term. It's rather hard to define.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I belive that yes they are smarter than us, but I belive there is an area that we are smarter that they are that is why they come here to this planet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2