+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire

Now I know where NOT to put my iPod...

ATLANTA -- The new iPod Nano is hot. But one Douglasville man said his old Nano got even hotter -- hot enough to burst into flames.

"So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest," said Danny Williams.

Williams said the burn hole from the pocket of his pants marks the spot of his 15 seconds of flame. He said he had an iPod Nano and an glossy piece of paper in his pocket. He believes the paper shielded him from being burned.

"I'm still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket," said Williams.

The iPod uses a lithium ion battery -- the same type of battery under recall for setting laptops on fire.

Williams said the fact is iPod Nano burst into flames while he was at work was bad enough, where he works could have been another issue. He works at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

"If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," said Williams.

Williams said Apple wants him to send his iPod back and they've vowed to replace it. Williams' mother called Channel 2 because she said this is more than one iPod. She said it's about what could have happened.

"It could have happened when we were sleeping, it could have happened when he was driving and the outcome could have been much worse," said Elaine Williams.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire

well thats HILARIOUS, but again it could have killed him ....cool
    ok maybe the battery was leaking because of inproper care for it, or there was a short circut causing the paper to catch fire, or maybe the ipod harddrive jammed and caused a fire. once my ipod was so hot, i got blisters on my hand because of the stalled had drive. my advice to him is buy a new ipod, or SUE!

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

This is kind of funny, and scary at the same time. Well at least this could make him richer. Man i wish it would happen to me. lol

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok now that would be some thing different seeing some ones pants go up in flames.He was very luck to not have any serous burns on him after that. Wonder how much he will get out of a lawsuit if he dose sue Apple.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds a little wierd.... He says "So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest,".... I think it's wierd that he did'nt notice it before, i can't believe that he could'nt feel it, if he had the iPod in pocket, i must have gotten pretty hot to set a piece off paper on fire....

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    This is kind of funny, and scary at the same time. Well at least this could make him richer. Man i wish it would happen to me. lol
    yeah, not only for the fame, but for the possible lawsuit...

at least they dont give you a ring of death

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie moochix is off to a good start moochix's Avatar
    Thanks

That would've been really, really scary...
    But like Alucard_ML said, how the freak would you not realize that your pants were on fire?!
    I would start screaming like a bloody murder and freaking out, not going, "oh, it's sad that it burst into flames after only a year and half."
    Hello, it's not supposed to become a flaming iPod of doom and destruction!
    "If you live to a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why its called the present.

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

omg that really strange how could that of happened did the man survive or was he killed i bet he could sue the ipod company for a load of money but at the same time its kinda funny how it happened to his pants

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast