+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Its Snowing

Newbie Daegor is off to a good start Daegor's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Its Snowing

It was snowing here in SC a little bit earlier...not a whole lot, seemed to be mixed with rain
    If my answers frighten you, stop asking scary questions

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TealGreenFrog View Post
    no snow in southeastern Indiana, northern Kentucky, soutwestern Ohio. It is cold. Does anyone know how long a cold spell has to last and how cold it is suppose to be in order to diminish the bug population? Just curious, I do not mind cold spells as long as the wind is not blowing too bad. Snow can cause trouble when having to drive (Its the other guy one has to watch out for), but if I do not have to drive, then it can be quite exhilarating. NC could have less colder winter than MA, really depends on the altitude. Over here, it is hilly from the ice age glacier deposits but nothing that would constitute partial elevation to create colder weather like NC and other states can.

I got No Idea about any of that lol. I just know if its cold enough that you got to wear more clothes than the bugs are definitely not coming out. lol

What I'm watching Right Now:

Thanks

haha yeah, the bugs don't seem to have sweaters...the bugs here in SC pretty much die out around October or so, mosquitoes and such

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

Bugs do not have sweaters. Cute! lol

I was always told that the harsher (as in snow and cold temperatures) the winter, the fewer bugs come out during the warmer months because the dormant ones die out.

Thinking that the colder weather keeps the summer bug population less intense is a way to cope (in my mind) with winter. I really, REALLY enjoy the warmer weather.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Thanks

haha, I personally prefer the cold weather, it isn't that bad in SC..pretty decent temperatures...while the summers here feel rather like hell

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TealGreenFrog View Post
    Bugs do not have sweaters. Cute! lol

I was always told that the harsher (as in snow and cold temperatures) the winter, the fewer bugs come out during the warmer months because the dormant ones die out.

Thinking that the colder weather keeps the summer bug population less intense is a way to cope (in my mind) with winter. I really, REALLY enjoy the warmer weather.
    Ya lol that was funny. I personally love the colder weather too. It just makes my body feel so clean and cool. Plus I love the feeling of cold air flowing threw my warm body. It makes me feel like I'm living in Euphoria.

What you were told was true to some extent. The colder the winter is the more the bugs are wiped out, but you also have to take into consideration how warm it gets in the summer. The warmer and hotter in the summer it gets the more bugs will start to populate. There really isn't a real reason for you to worry though, life is just one big circle. They die and come back to bother you on another day lol. Just stay inside pop in a good anime and start posting on AO lol

Thanks

Yeah cold air makes me feel great after a few deep breaths....Marcel there with a little bit of AO propaganda "POST ON AO!!!!"

Thanks

LOL Don't be silly I just thought thats what everyone does.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast