+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IYO, does the nice guy always finish last?

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

Question IYO, does the nice guy always finish last?

ok, so this is just me trying to generally satisfy my curiosity and nothing more but yea...

anyways, in your opinion, does the nice guy/gal always seem to finish last and if so do you know someone who's considered the "nice guy/gal" in the group who seems to always be doing for others and never gets the recognition for it.

if you have any stories or examples please feel free to share them.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: IYO, does the nice guy always finish last?

If you looked up Nice Guy Finishing Last in the dictionary or use your spell check you would see a picture of me.

But in all seriesness, the sad fact is that most guys/girls who are really nice do end up finishing last, but if you think about it, being first doesnt means that its a good thing, just imagen all the people that person kicked around or shoved to the side to get a head. So for the nice guys and girls in the world, just you wait and you will have your day and it will be SWEET!!
    Last edited by Scourge; Feb 14, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the time it is true....the nice guy does always finish last. Mainly a fact of life. If the nice guy or girl always got to be with who he wanted...then he would not be the nice person anymore would he ^_^. Instead he would be the person who took away the person someone else loved/liked.
    Course I am talking under the assumption that we are talking about the nice person not getting the guy/girl.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

ah, yes, that is true in most cases...it's because bad people make their way by force, and good people go the right way. But, even though you finish last, at least you finished the right way instead of cheating or something!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

wow... i kinda thought this would get more posts. lol. yea, i'm a prime example of a "nice guy that finished last" but i did finish even though the road wasn't always easy and i've been hurt many many times before. but now i'm not worried about being hurt anymore becaus ei found someone who truly cares for me and that i give my all to on a daily. sure, i'm in afghanistan right now and i work 12 hours a day from 6 pm to 6 am and it sucks but i still stay up every day for at least 2 extra hours after i get off work and i call my sera and talk to her for at least 2 hours before we go to bed. that way she can go to bed a little easier because she got to hear my voice and she knows i'm alright and she can rest easy. i tell her every day and show her in every way i can every day that i live for her and i love her with all that i possess. i'm so happy to be with her now that it was worth the troublesome road and the hard times.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice guys don't finish last.

Wusses do.

The MENTALITY that you're a loser and have no chance or that you'll never be as lucky in love as the jock or punk down the street is exactly what gets you into trouble. Plenty of women/men out there want "nice guys"... they may not be the women/men YOU think you deserve (ie. the MAXIM magazine pinups)... but there are plenty of people who would like a "nice" partner.

My boyfriend now is a textbook "nice guy"... all of my friends are shocked by how much they like him. He gives tours to random old ladies, chats up flamingly gay men in clubs like it's nothing, and he makes a positively gallant effort at broken English whenever any of my friends or family come around who can't speak Japanese.

He's little. He's of average looks. He could have a better job. He could show more initiative to learn English or get a passport...

But he is VERY nice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

Legend (Feb 15, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Nice guys don't finish last.

Wusses do.
    What she said.

But generally they do finish in the bottom half. Excluding the passive "nice guys" most of the other "nice guys" are generally people who has better values in my opinion and respect boundaries. They are less likely to play mind games and rumors in order to break up a couple. Here's the pecking order:

Pretty boys with money or status
    Two-facers
    Assertive "nice" guys
    Passive and introverted
    Oscar Meyer Weiners

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie dark angel is off to a good start dark angel's Avatar
    Thanks

well it sometimes does happen but most of the time they dont.... and it just depends on who writes the story and it also depends on the storys plot... and with that u get ur nice gal/guy finishing last or not^^
    ****<darkangel>**** the darkness will always come... just never like u exspect....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast