+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jack Thompson: Chasing Ambulances Again

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Jack Thompson: Chasing Ambulances Again

Remind me how Jack Thompson has managed to get the title "School Shooting Expert" time and time again when interviewed on the news. ANY quick background check on this guy reveals him to be a self-serving, attack-dog media-whore out to get any press he possibly can >_<

YouTube - Jack Thompson Interview on Fox News

Predictably he's blaming the Illinois shooting on games. Naturally, he has no actual evidence or contact with law enforcement to back this claim up. He's just using it to push his brand as "That Guy Who Hates Video Games."

The last time this happened, he blamed the Virginia Tech shootings on games. He didn't have any evidence then either. After -suing- the police force for access to information about the private home search (and losing), Jack got his smackdown: the Virginia Tech shooter was found to -not even own a game console-.

YouTube - Virginia Tech shootings: Jack Thompson repLIES on MSNBC

So he quickly jumped from blaming GTA to blaming Counterstrike (a game he'd never heard of until it popped up in an overseas shooting case). He based this accusation on some anonymous tip from random high school classmates... completely ignoring the shooter's roommate's testimony that he never saw him gaming

Why does he keep doing this? And why isn't EVERYONE (not just gamers) ready to smack him for making his bread and butter off of chasing ambulances?
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 15, 2008 at 06:57 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Jack Thompson: Chasing Ambulances Again

I was really hoping he would be the laughing stock of the world after his previous mistakes but this guy just won't go down! How can that amount of ignorance and stupidity exist in a single human being. It's puzzling I tell you!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact that Jack Thompson is still even alive today would seem to imply that playing games isn't enough to transform a normal person into a cold-blooded killer.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Oh my word yes, Jack Thompson is a loonie. He threw a fit at the Wendy's chain once because they were giving away Wii's in a contest, and since the Wii has Manhunt 2 in its library, it is an evil killing machine.

Another time, schools in England were using an educational trivia game for PS2 to help get students motivated about learning, or whatever, and he spoke out against that, because of course, it's a video game, and they are all evil works of the devil.

I can see why he'd go on with Fox news though, because if anyone caught the whole "Mass Effect" debacle on there recently, it seems apparent that Fox is just as bad as he. Okay, well, maybe not that bad, but still.

I wonder why he is still able to practice law, I truly do.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Looney? That word doesn' even begin ta describe Jack Thompson, that guy's a complete and total dunderheaded idiot. I don' even know how he managed ta get his license in the first place, let alone maintain it. So I wouldn' even call him an "expert lawyer" let alone a "School Shootin' Expert." If the media would jus' leave that guy alone, he'd go away. U'd think they would've learned that by now, but controversy generates ratings. That's why I'm not fond of the media.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

An update on one of the Gaming Industries favorite punching bag...

GamePolitics.com &#187; Blog Archive &#187; Florida Supreme Court Comes Down Hard on Jack Thompson:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh, the Supreme Court is "giving" him the "weapons" he needs, jus' how much of an overbloated ego does this guy have? I have a feeling that whatever strategy he has up his sleeve is only goin' ta blow up in his face. Here's ta hopin' that the Supreme Court slams the hammer down on him hard.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread