+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Gov. Tells Man: "You Can't Marry, You're A Girl!"

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese Gov. Tells Man: "You Can't Marry, You're A Girl!"

A man preparing for the happy occasion of his marriage was shocked when local officials told him that he would not be allowed to marry, as government records had him registered as the family’s eldest daughter.

The man, in his thirties, had apparently been registered somehow as a daughter in the “koseki”, the official census records which underlay much local bureaucracy in Japan.

The bungling officials excused themselves thus:

“When the man came to us to register his marriage. It was a holiday so when someone came to process the documents, they discovered he was registered as ‘eldest daughter’.”
    Why did it take you so long to notice?

“The koseki was never used. The man was identified as ‘male’ on his certificate of residence. His driving lisence used this document.”
    Did he have a female sounding name?

“Not at all, it was clearly male. Somebody made a mistake copying his name into the koseki. He even had an elder sister, so the family ended up with two eldest daughters. It’s 100% our mistake.”
    So his marriage still isn’t on?

“Based on the law, his records must be amended before he can marry. We tried to correct his birth certificate, but it had already been destroyed by us. We had to chase up his mother’s records, and consult with higher up; we hope to have it revised tomorrow.”
    And the “eldest daughter’s” response?

“This has been infuriating. The section chief of the bureau came to my house, and explained ‘At the start of your life, there was an inexcusable mistake’ and was so apologetic I did so much as raise my voice, instead dealing with him in a gentlemanly way. I’ll be going ahead with the marriage registration soon.”
    What kind of moron put "girl" instead of "boy" at the time of birth? XD

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Gov. Tells Man: "You Can't Marry, You're A Girl!"

I'm simply wondering how in the world that happened. It doesn't really take much to check to see what gender a person it, Normally it's pretty much fifty fifty.
    Why hello there!

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Never heard of something similar ... Well, how do you say?
    Shit happens. Poor guy.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow some one was really not paying attention, that or their brain backfired on them for a moment, or as I call it, a brain fart. What other explination in there? There is no way in hell some one could have been SOOOOO high or entoxicated to make THAT kind of mistake. I feel sorry for the guy but still it's funny as hell. You guys know for a fact that his wife will make fun of him for the rest of his life because of this.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

It could have been on purpose. My mom spent the first 7 years of my little brothers life dressing him up like a girl and teaching him how to cook and bake because she SO wanted him to be a girl (which he kinda is). Maybe this guys parents just went the next step (Ya i know, not likely; but its amusing to think about it).

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

its ur own fault...........though the documents was by u and........................it was a mistake to.................oh poor guy mistaken by a record[sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs][sobs]
    It could have been on purpose. My mom spent the first 7 years of my little brothers life dressing him up like a girl and teaching him how to cook and bake because she SO wanted him to be a girl (which he kinda is). Maybe this guys parents just went the next step (Ya i know, not likely; but its amusing to think about it).
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Omg! Thats just stupid. And how could they not catch that sooner? That was clearly laziness on the part of the government officials. I mean really how could that really happne

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Omg! Thats just stupid. And how could they not catch that sooner? That was clearly laziness on the part of the government officials. I mean really how could that really happne
    Actually, that is the fault of the Dr's and nurses, they are the ones that fill out the birth certificate, which is then sent to the Gov. for processing.
    My uncle is a Dr, thats how I know.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast