+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now stories about Japanese Otaku becoming obsessed with their favorite Anime/Manga series are quite common. But is this item carrying things a little bit too far???

Man 'wants to marry' cartoon character | Metro.co.uk

Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

Then again, since the target of the obsession is 'Mikuru Asahina', perhaps the influence of Haruhi Suzumiya is starting to seep into our plane of existence...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

::rolls eyes::

oh my goodness....

oh my dear goodness...

God in Heaven, actually...

even if he did get 1,000,000 signatures... would it really pass through their law-making system???

>_<

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow... just wow... *nearly speechless*

I've seen a lot of crazy things in my life growing up with double-personality relatives, insane (almost litertly) friends, ect, but this takes the cake for strange ideas. I have but two things to ask...

1. Why Mikuru!?!!? Haruhi is so much better and Yuki is a VERY close second!
    2. Where can I go to signt his?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yo aceman! I'm signing this for YOU buddy! Now you can marry Rei Ayanami :P

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

If he's not interested in the real world, why does he need/want a legalized marriage? Couldn't he and Mikuru just live happily ever after in his fantasy lala-land without the government recognizing it as marriage? And besides, how can an imaginary character consent to marriage? Would other otaku dispute the marriage based on the fact that Mikuru can't consent?

My head hurts, I have to stop overthinking this.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gren For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Nov 06, 2008), RayMe (Nov 28, 2008)

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I can picture the scene now: Tokyo will be bathed in the blood of Otaku who all fought over one anime girl (or guy in some cases). Never underestimate the audacity of obssessive Otaku.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Pffff........... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh dear lord in Heaven, now that is some funny ass sh*t right there. Now I completely think that this is moronic if not down right the most retarded thing I have ever seen or heard. But at the same time I hope he succeeds just to see how all this plays out... For example, how is the Character going to consent to marriage, not to mention how the hell... Dare I say... They? Going to conceive a child if they try... If they succeed, what would they look like when they are first "born," are they going to be like little wads of paper? Oh, oh, oh, what would happen if they get a divorce because he starts cheating on her for another character, the custody battle of the "kids," and even the possession for material items such as the house, will he need to pay spousal support?
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

One question.

Theyre gonna have to adopt right?
    Yay-yea?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Nov 06, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast