+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese man launches campaign to marry manga girl

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGeek View Post
    OH and question if you can marry manga characters can foreigners marry them and get citizenship off them? lol that would be the funniest way of getting citizenship in Japan. (not thinking of doing it)
    yes that's possible...eventually in the not too distant future. since he can marry one, then anyone else can do that also. and just make sure your lawyer is phoenix wright...

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedCookie View Post
    *raises hand*
    How will they have babies? ._.
    simple...all ya need is a paper, a pen, and an...

imagination.
    Last edited by rematche; Nov 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Why am I not too surprised? C'mon, the "line" has been crossed a long time ago. There have been previous incidents and such like the case of the "Lucky Star" characters: Hiiragi Kagami, Tsukasa. The two characters have been officially registered as citizens of Washimiya, in which the characters' home is based off of. There have also been "pilgrimages" and such due to the intense fan attention.

From Wiki:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The popularity of Lucky Star also brought many of its fans to the real life settings of the anime, beginning in April 2007.[21] The August issue of the Newtype magazine ran a feature on the various locales which the anime is based on,[22] including Konata's home in Satte, Saitama, Tsukasa and Kagami's home in Washimiya, Saitama,[6] and the school in Kasukabe, Saitama.[6] The magazine also included directions on how to reach these places from the otaku hotspot Akihabara, which resulted in massive "pilgrimages" to these areas.[21]

The most widely reported consequence of this is in the Washinomiya Shrine of Washimiya, where the Hiiragi sisters work as miko in the anime. Various Japanese news media reported that the shrine became a place teeming with photographers trying to replicate scenes from the anime, cosplayers wandering around,[22] and prayer plaques ridden with anime drawings and strange prayers like "Konata is my wife".[21][23]

The locals were initially divided on the situation, with some suggesting that it is good for the shrine to have so many worshippers, and some being concerned about the town's security.[21] This was satirized in the twenty-first episode of the anime. Despite the negative reaction by some of the locals, the Washinomiya Shrine hosted a Lucky Star event in December 2007, featuring special guests including the author Kagami Yoshimizu, and the voice actors Hiromi Konno, Emiri Katō, Kaori Fukuhara, and Minoru Shiraishi. The event attracted 3500 fans.[24] Subsequently, the Hiiragi family have been registered as official residents of Washimiya because of the anime's wild popularity.
    I believe that Len has created a thread a bit back on the subject of a women "killing" the avatar of her online "husband". Ah, found it:

http://www.animeonline.net/f2/woman-...-avatar-40514/

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    I can picture the scene now: Tokyo will be bathed in the blood of Otaku who all fought over one anime girl (or guy in some cases). Never underestimate the audacity of obssessive Otaku.
    So true...now if you'll excuse me I must be off myself. *Dash*...But jokes aside, even if the man manages to reach his goal of gaining signatures I highly doubt that it will become legal to "marry" 2D characters. C'mon, if its legalized than whats to stop people from marrying their own perfect creations? Oh, and theres also the problem of the character in question: Asahina Mikuru. SHE'S A MINOR!!!!! (Unless the guy is shooting for Adult version Mikuru...) Than again, Japan is OK with the 2D Loli content.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Nov 18, 2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    yes that's possible...eventually in the not too distant future. since he can marry one, then anyone else can do that also. and just make sure your lawyer is phoenix wright...
    Omg I laughed so hard when I saw this XD
    YES I would so get Phoenix Wright to be the lawyer.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Nov 22, 2008 at 01:08 PM.

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I guess its obvious to everyone, this guy is still a virgin. Hahahah... Even so, i think he has a few screws loose. Normal ppl don't do stuff like this.
    LOL! I totally agree. I knew Japanese people were crazy, but I never thought it would go THIS far.

I'm speechless *turns of the sexy wallpaper of byakuya right away*

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want to see how the divorce would play out if "they" did (and I use the word they very lightly), I am sure it would be absolutely hilarious. The reasons for it would be funny as well and the out come I am sure would be even funnier.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I really want to see how the divorce would play out if "they" did (and I use the word they very lightly), I am sure it would be absolutely hilarious. The reasons for it would be funny as well and the out come I am sure would be even funnier.
    yes...that would be interesting and i can see it now.

phoenix wright for the defendant and...

miles edgeworth as the prosecutor.

this is going to be one hell of a trial.....sshhheeesshhhh.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5