+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jem and the holograms!?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Jem and the holograms!?

well i was randomly lookin up some old tv programs i used to watch on youtube lastnight and found this it was back in the 80's

( i was born in the 90's soo yeah way before me)

but i was wonderng has anyone actuly been a fan of this when they were younger ? or had known someone who was (might be too long to remeber tho)

but tbh i think if it was brought back out today with some small bit of work done to it it could easly be put back on as a kids tv program.

Jem (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

>< and one more qestion back in the 80's did people really wear that much heavy makeup?...lol

edit!

>< im not sure on what to put this under because it was done at anime north in 2002? yet it doesnt look like anime ....tbh

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jem and the holograms!?

the only thing that comes to mind is that old punk rock barbie knockoff.

who was....apparently.....outrageous.

truly, TRULY, TRULY outrageous.
    Why hello there!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, business woman by day, rock star having crazy adventures by night...what's not outrageous about that? I guess it is appropriate to call her a "punk rock Barbie", but I think she was more for girls who were sick of Barbie, girls who could better identify with a rock star than a homemaker/doctor/teacher/whatever Barbie was that month. Of course I could be giving Jem way too much credit.

I had the Jem playhouse. A neon green and pink monstrosity shaped like an electric guitar...coolest thing I ever owned, in my 6-year-old mind.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Truth be told, I knew a lot of girls back then who were fans of the cartoon. For a little while, it was a really big hit. And as far as makeup is concerned, it really depended upon where you lived and who you hung out with.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that. My younger sister was a big fan.

Did we wear that heavy of makeup? Not really but there were always those who wanted to look like they stepped out of an MTV Video and that was standard video makeup.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

My sister collects Jem and the Hologram cartoons on DVD. She has season one but couldn't afford season 2 and 3. People did wear mascara, I remember teasing my hair and using a lot of hairspray. My sister knows all the songs and I compiled a Jem CD songs for her on Christmas.

If my sister had her way she'd buy a pink wig and 80s getup and be Jem for Halloween. My favorite character is Synergy... and I like those earrings. Now it's mostly Hannah Montana products I see all over the place.

I remember the Misfits songs, Riot's rivalry with Rio and Rio not being able to decide between Jem or Jerrica. (If only he knew they were the same person).

+ Reply to Thread