+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Job Lookin' Jitters

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Job Lookin' Jitters

Hey guys, i'm in between jobs right now and am eager/forced to get working again!

Do any of you have any tips on what to look for? good companies? how to make the resume look it's best? how to make yourself look the best?

>.> i'd really appriciate any help... all the jobs i've had thus far have been from church and family ties, so i'm not exactly sure how to nab 'em!

^_^ and if anyone knows how to get one of those telemarketing jobs, that would be great too!

Thanks again!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Job Lookin' Jitters

Grumble Grumble Grumble

One of the most important aspects of 'Job Hunting' is Networking (thats Social, not
    Data!!!) If you decide upon a vocation that you like, ask around and see if you find someone, (or someone who knows someone) in the industry. And you can find these connections in the most unlikely places, such as social events, clubs, beauty salons, professional associations, etc. Once you find someone, (like some old geezer who will talk your head off, grumble grumble grumble...) you can then get specific information on what skills you need, and who to talk to (such as hiring managers) to land that first job interview...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Lead is off to a good start Lead's Avatar
    Thanks

my advice don't show up late, I kinda got fired for that

another good place to look for a job is online, for example here in NZ there's a site call seek.co.nz, or even in your local papers
    I'm a Newbie

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

If your looking for a new job the best thing i can advice is make your self look good, and i do not only mean your aperence but also carectar.
    And the best way to get a job is:

1: Writhing a good resume:
    Always start whit the word resume on the center on top of the resume.
    Then writh down your info and data, like so.

RESUME

Name: 2005
    Calname: Gigi
    Adres: AnimeOnline
    somthingstreet 56
    phonenumber: 00000000
    Date of birth: 01-04-07
    e-mail adres: [email protected]

After thet you writh somthing about yourself, and your education.

Then make a new alinea and writh down your job expirience.

2: The letter or the e-mail where the resume is send in.
    Start whit writhing your name and your adres and stuf.
    Then writh the letter and make sure that the letter is wel organized and looks very good, also be very polite and make sure there no spel mistakes.
    Also begin the letter whit Dear mister/mis the name of the person in question, and end the letter with Frendly greetings Gigi2005.

3: The phonecal: when you reacte on a advertisment.
    Try to be selfinsured (this can be very dificult do to nerves) speak politly, then the one how is your speaking whit wil tlee you what you must do if you want to react an te advertisment.

4: the job interview.
    Be on time or be early, but don,t be late (i usely come 15 minutes early).
    Introduce yourself and always look the person in question straid in the eyes.
    Be polite and ask a few questions about the company, the person your holding the interview whit wil ask you some questions about yourself try to answer them as best a posible.
    At the and of the job interview the one who is holding the job interview wil ask you if you have some questions about the company, you dont have the answer whit a question btu it is best to have a question.

5: Trail period:
    Be early or on time.
    Be sociol whit your coleags.
    Do your work as good as posible, and make sure you finish it.
    Don,t leave early unles you have a good reason to leave early, but discust it whit your supervisour.
    When you haven,t finished your work on time don,t leave before it,s finished, or your supervisour must tel you otherwise.
    And if there is somthing you don,t like discust it whit your supervisour.

6: If the contract expires and there isn,t made a new contract, don,t be sad don,t be angre at them.
    Just do your work til your contract ends, if you gonne make a fus out of it the next time your looking for a job wil be more dificult.

At the moment i'm also looking for a job my cantract expired 2 weeks ago and i now looking for a job can be frustrating, but don,t give up.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    Hey guys, i'm in between jobs right now and am eager/forced to get working again!

Do any of you have any tips on what to look for? good companies? how to make the resume look it's best? how to make yourself look the best?

>.> i'd really appriciate any help... all the jobs i've had thus far have been from church and family ties, so i'm not exactly sure how to nab 'em!

^_^ and if anyone knows how to get one of those telemarketing jobs, that would be great too!

Thanks again!

In an interview, dress conservatively. If you have any tattoos, hide them. If you have piercings anywhere but your earlobes, take them out.

Your handshake should be firm and confident. Eye contact is key.

Don't answer a question and shut up. Keep the conversation up; interviewers love talking about themselves.

When you speak, avoid colloquialisms and fall-back words (like, um, er, you know, etc.). Speak and act as if you were aiming for the top: even if you're only applying to flip bugers, act as if you want to be manager.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Your handshake should be firm and confident. Eye contact is key.
    Couldn't agree more.

I cannot stand it when a handshake feels like you're just grabbing a limp piece of... stuff. Doesn't leave a very good impression. I like people with a nice, strong handshake. I've never been for a job interview, but most big shots and officials I've met all have one thing in common, if nothing else - a firm handshake.

Newbie Danifae is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post

Thanks again!

hey all i have to say is i know what your feeling it sucks really it does. but you have to never give up and hold your head hight even if you dont get the opening

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Abu Dhabi says: (forgot i was logged in as Soshi...)

thanks for all the help guys! if it's one thing i can do, is keep a conversation at atleast walking speed!

^.^ firm handshake you say? sounds like what a dad would say! haha! but seriously, i'll keep that to heart!

>.> now all i need is to get the call backs... T_T... but i should probably fill the applications first! haha!

When filling an application, should i just do that... or should i staple my resume to it? it seems redundant... but just asking!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast