+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Juneteenth

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Juneteenth

Now I know it's late but oh well

Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day or Emancipation Day, is an annual holiday or holiday observance in 29 states of the United States. Celebrated on June 19, it commemorates the announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas. The holiday originated in Galveston, Texas; for more than a century, the state of Texas was the primary home of Juneteenth celebrations. However, one small community in Arkansas (Wilmar) boasts that its celebration, called "June Dinner" has been consistently observed and celebrated, except for one year, since approximately 1870. Since 1980, Juneteenth has been an official state holiday in Texas.

CLICK ME I HAVE INFO ^V^

Anyways, My question is Should this be a National Holiday?

The Galveston County Daily News

As said before it is only a holiday in Texas. But many want it to be made into a National holiday. What do you think of this?
    Yeah, Bye.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Juneteenth

No. i dont think it should be a national holiday.
    Its not somthing everyone knows about. Its only studied in one state not all 50. I never knew about this. well until i read this.
    Yes its important. But it does not deal with any other state other than Texas. its a day that all Texans have to remember. Not anyone is Maine or Florida or California. only Texas. Its a holiday specific to that state. I think it makes that state different. and different is good.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Is it really that big? I never heard of it. Then again I'm not from the USA but still...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

If it results in me getting a day off of work, then I say nationalize it! I've never heard of this either, and I doubt it would become a national holiday as it's specific to one state. Maybe a general holiday to celebrate the abolition of slavery would work though.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

In Alabama they also celebrate it, but it isn't a holiday or anything like that... It is very big & popular in the are which I live in... It is the biggest event in the summer... A matter of fact we celebrated it this past Saturday... It is like a picnic with a bunch of food, games, people selling things, & the famous talent show. Anyone is welcomed, it is a community event, but the after parties are bananas!!! ^_^ It lose its spark as you get older, but not what it represent & what is really meant for...
    To be honest I missed this years because I moved, but my friends who still stay there told me all about it...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this a holiday mainly celebrated by African Americans or everyone? Also, i agree a national holiday to celebrate the end of slavery everywhere would be a good idea, and could happen.

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Idk. I never heard of it..until now lol. I was checking my mail and found it. Anywho this is my point of view.

It is good to be a holiday, but then again not many races will celebrate it. It is true that African Americans were freed, but just them? Or am I wrong?? Which is why just them celebrate it. Not to be rude or anything..
    Yeah, Bye.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

not really a debate topic, moving to Cyber Lounge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast