Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
Idk. I never heard of it..until now lol. I was checking my mail and found it. Anywho this is my point of view.

It is good to be a holiday, but then again not many races will celebrate it. It is true that African Americans were freed, but just them? Or am I wrong?? Which is why just them celebrate it. Not to be rude or anything..
I don't think you are being rude... You are right it is kind of celebrated by African-Americans, but all races are encouraged to participate & recognize the meaning & history behind the festivities...

It did originate in Texas, because back 1862 when slaves was suppose to be free, Texas & a few other states still had slaves. It wasn't unit 1865 19 of June when it was truly the Emancipation for slave, supposedly abolishing slavery completely.

I think it should be a holiday, but if it isn't I am not going to blow a gasket & just because not everyone celebrates it should not be a reason not to make it one cause not everyone celebrates Christmas, but the world completely shut downs for it & is thankful for a day off...