+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

I was watching the news earlier today and they had this report from a school where the dorm doctor got fired for giving out contraceptives. They said that the movie Juno was the reason that most of the teenage girls wanted to have children? They don't realise that there were and still are girls that want to have children at an early age. Some of the girls now haven't even seen the movie Juno and prefer not to.

I would like to know how a movie like Juno can be viewed and something so vile. she didn't keep the baby, it just allowed her to see that she was inlove with his father.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

No, it's just that girls are growing up too fast and having sex too early these days. The movie has nothing to do with it. The news reporters just need an excuse to make a story more interesting.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The American Media has a nasty habit of demonizing almost anything that could remotly be concidered a cause for a situation. A prime example of this would be blaming video games for the Columbine shooting. They do this to generate fear, which drives newscycles, which generates viewership, and in turn generates revenue from advertisments.

This can be seen in almost any and all news broadcasts in the majority of United States (I've got satilite, so I get alot of american stations from east to west coasts), and I then compare them to news broadcasts from Canada (CTV, Global), the UK (BBC among others), and there's a stark contrast in the content that is portrayed on similar news items.

To be compleatly honest, I think a portion from Micheal Moores' documentry "Bowling for Columbine" really explains this best.

So in the end, its all about the greenback ladies 'n gents.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I haveta agree wit Aceman on this one, the news media here in America is downright shameful. The media will do anythin' ta gain viewership, even doctor the news if need be. But that's the trade off I guess for havin' news media like ours, there's good and bad in everythin'. I believe, though, that the only way that we can stop this type of behavior on the part of the Media is ta protest it. Unfortunately that means that u need ta get ppl ta stop watchin' and that's a nearly impossible task.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The American Media has a nasty habit of demonizing almost anything that could remotly be concidered a cause for a situation. A prime example of this would be blaming video games for the Columbine shooting. They do this to generate fear, which drives newscycles, which generates viewership, and in turn generates revenue from advertisments.

This can be seen in almost any and all news broadcasts in the majority of United States (I've got satilite, so I get alot of american stations from east to west coasts), and I then compare them to news broadcasts from Canada (CTV, Global), the UK (BBC among others), and there's a stark contrast in the content that is portrayed on similar news items.

To be compleatly honest, I think a portion from Micheal Moores' documentry "Bowling for Columbine" really explains this best.

So in the end, its all about the greenback ladies 'n gents.
    Everything aceman said is true. The news agencies want to scare people into watching their programs. Take this for example:

Did you know ______ may cause you to die? Turn in at 6 tonight to find out more.

Every commercial for the news ever! That's why I read the newspaper instead.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

I've played many of games like resident evil and bloodrayne, even gta and i havce never wanted to kill someone. And if I did, it was because of my own personal reasons not becuase I though it would be cool to kill someone like they did in the movies.

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

It's just a stupid movie. Use protection or don't do it >.< They are the control of their actions not movies <.< Pesonally I think they need a life. I guess they didn't pay attention in Sex-Ed. Use protection..If all the teen are getting pregnant, then why the heck am I not pregnant??? Exactly some girl are smart in their own ways. ^^
    Yeah, Bye.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    It's just a stupid movie. Use protection or don't do it >.< They are the control of their actions not movies <.< Pesonally I think they need a life. I guess they didn't pay attention in Sex-Ed. Use protection..If all the teen are getting pregnant, then why the heck am I not pregnant??? Exactly some girl are smart in their own ways. ^^
    *coughs* well i dont really see the reason that you had to tell us that you are sexually active. In some places they don't teach sex-ed. And if you read, they wanted to have a baby. it isn't that they forgot the condoms or birth control, it is that the people think that more girls want a child because of the movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast