+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

Yup another case where they like to blame something instead of tackling the real problem. If there wasn't the movie Juno they would have blamed it on another movie or something else. Are we talking college dorms? If so you would have think these young adults would realize raising a baby is no walk in the park. I guess they need to watch that reality show where high school kids get to experience taking care of real kids and babies.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for one, i am still trying to figgure this out - "Lets make a movie, a comedy, about something entirely not funny, and is a growing moral problem in modern society!" and the worst bloddy thing is, i know lots of people that say "aww, it looks sweet" or "it's a good movie"
    Bah!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Well, for one, i am still trying to figgure this out - "Lets make a movie, a comedy, about something entirely not funny, and is a growing moral problem in modern society!" and the worst bloddy thing is, i know lots of people that say "aww, it looks sweet" or "it's a good movie"
    Bah!
    First, it wasn't really a comedy, it was more of a growing up story. Second it wasn't saying being pregnant is funny, it was a comedy because of juno's quirky and weird personality. It was basically showing what can happen with having sex at a young age, and how hard it is to give up a baby. DId you actually see it?

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ah crap...although it definitely seems like Juno has influenced teens to become pregnant...I really doubt that's the reason. Sure I'd say some people I knew have all of a sudden gotten pregnant but I really doubt that movie was the deciding factor.

If for some reason it IS causing more teen pregnancies...then man...future looks bleak.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

for this question ... girls want to find something justify for doing sex and they found a movie that all know like you said Juno ... girls like boys in their age they are teenager and they want sex so if they didn't watch Juno maybe they will find something els to justify what they are doing ... and i don't think so that a girl want a baby and in their age sometimes when they make sex a problem will happen that the girl get pregnant ... but a girl make sex to have a baby mmm i don't think so ... but this is me and this the way i think ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, as people before me have said, Juno is not the main reason, teenage girls have been having babys before that movie and it's the other way around- the real situation inspired the movie. Girls just have sex very soon and sometimes they are still too young to know about kontraception and so on (ok, there are actually some girls my age that I need to teach about kontraception to XD)

I haven't seen the movie, but I really think that it's stupid to make a movie about this subject and make it all funny and like every day occurance... It's just wrong!!! >.< Come on!! How can anyone find it funny, I would find it a nightmare to be pregnant in even the next 10 years!!! >.< Quirky attitude can be shown in other ways, teaching much more than: "Being pregnant is not a problem! You can give the baby away!"

P.s. Am I the only one who thinks this should be in Sensory Pleasures?

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Well, as people before me have said, Juno is not the main reason, teenage girls have been having babys before that movie and it's the other way around- the real situation inspired the movie. Girls just have sex very soon and sometimes they are still too young to know about contraception and so on (ok, there are actually some girls my age that I need to teach about contraception to XD)

I haven't seen the movie, but I really think that it's stupid to make a movie about this subject and make it all funny and like every day occurance... It's just wrong!!! >.< Come on!! How can anyone find it funny, I would find it a nightmare to be pregnant in even the next 10 years!!! >.< Quirky attitude can be shown in other ways, teaching much more than: "Being pregnant is not a problem! You can give the baby away!"

P.s. Am I the only one who thinks this should be in Sensory Pleasures?
    Better than teaching them, if you get pregnant get an abortion. It wasn't saying it was an everyday thing, its just the way juno handled everything. She didn't like it, but she didn't let it bother her, and tried to make the best of it. She was just weird and quirky. Juno didn't set out to get pregnant on purpose, she just wasn't thinking, and those dam hormones got her. lol

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    *coughs* well i dont really see the reason that you had to tell us that you are sexually active. In some places they don't teach sex-ed. And if you read, they wanted to have a baby. it isn't that they forgot the condoms or birth control, it is that the people think that more girls want a child because of the movie.
    o.O....I never say that....Eww why would I say that in public? I said some girls are smart by that I meant some girls use protection or just aren't sexually active. No one can actually prove the movie was the cause of this..
    Yeah, Bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast