+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?

I heard the Major of that city was blaming President George Bushe's No Child Left Behind Program. Up to this point all they have been doing is blaming movies, people and whatnot as a result not looking further into the real main issue.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

saying juno is causing more teen pregnancies is like saying saving private ryan started world war two.

saying that a certain piece of popularity caused more of a problem that already is is a bit naive. people need to realize that there are going to be teen pregnancies, accidental or planned. we can;t control this and should stop trying to find a scapegoat
    Why hello there!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda knew this movie wpuld cause a controversy, i havent specifically watched the film yet an i doubt that i wil ever watch that movie, girls shouldnt have kids before they are at least 25, u never get to live ur life or enjoy the fun things they are todo. Theres alot of awesome things that me an my gf can do because we arent tied down by responsibility yet you know.
    Teens especially shouldnt get prego because they arent in any way ready for children, they cant support them, they rely on their mothers an fathers to support their children, an sometimes turn them over to their familys because hey guess what, they want to go out an have fun now. Which is completely stupid if they wanted to have fun they shouldve thought about that before hand, an spent like a few quarters before having sex, an ruining their lifes.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yup another case where they like to blame something instead of tackling the real problem. If there wasn't the movie Juno they would have blamed it on another movie or something else. Are we talking college dorms? If so you would have think these young adults would realize raising a baby is no walk in the park. I guess they need to watch that reality show where high school kids get to experience taking care of real kids and babies.
    That is so true. Its easier to pass the blame onto something else. Its like in England, they banned painkiller because a kid killed his friend by stabbing him after playing the game. I mean lets face it, its not the games fault, as it had certified as an 18 already, it had to be the parents who let the child of a young age play the game. If the child didn't play the game in the first place, then they wouldn't have even throught about playing with a knife.

If people can't accept they are to blame, then its a wonder how they actually survive. I mean you can't live constantly blaming someone else for your own mistakes because thats on definite way to loose friends.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I like how we blame movies for problems that just happen out of sheer stupidity. In that case, I guess Star Wars is to blame for Space Exploration and Video Games are obviously 100% the reason why people are sooo violent.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Juno was more of a commentary on the issue of teen pregancy rather than an advocate for it. Most comedies also have a bit of satire laced in it subliminally or otherwise, and teen pregancy was already a problem long before it came out. It may have brought a brighter light to the issue, but certainly doesn't deserve the credit for causing a rise in teen preggers.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

It's not the movie's fault that girls want to have kids. It's no one's fault. It's a normal part of life that every female goes through.. Every female wants to have kids but it's their actions that determine if they end up having kids or not. The movie may make it seem like it's not all that bad or whatever, I've never seen it, but still. That doesn't change the fact that it's their decision and its not based off of some movie.

Basically they think that the movie is promoting teen pregnancy.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think it is at all. the entire point of juno is that she found love in the mistake, and she admitted she shouldnt have gotten pregnant. she didnt deliberately get pregnant to be cool. if any girl got pregnant to be cool, then they need to be slapped. jamie lynn and britney are bigger influences...i mean, theyre both idiots, and they both got pregnant. perfect role models!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast