+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just to ask...

Newbie Rockbell.Winry may be famous one day Rockbell.Winry may be famous one day
    Thanks

Just to ask...

Ehh. A question... I've been wonderin' about all day, and like wanted to get out of me. >-< Does something exist... Even if you don't "believe" in it? I mean like... Does that certain thing exist if you don't believe in it? How would you know if it really existed? Oh, yeah, like if you don't blieve in ghosts or something... O-o; And then you see one! Would you believe in it? I don't... xD I'd just tell myself, "I'm going crazy. I think it's time to lay down." So, yeah. Anyone has an idea?

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Just to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbell.Winry View Post
    Ehh. A question... I've been wonderin' about all day, and like wanted to get out of me. >-< Does something exist... Even if you don't "believe" in it? I mean like... Does that certain thing exist if you don't believe in it? How would you know if it really existed? Oh, yeah, like if you don't blieve in ghosts or something... O-o; And then you see one! Would you believe in it? I don't... xD I'd just tell myself, "I'm going crazy. I think it's time to lay down." So, yeah. Anyone has an idea?
    You don't exist because I don't believe you exist

Umm, as a insurance and curiosity look up some Rene Descartes stuff, something along the line "I think, therefore I am".

As for your question, It existed because you seen it, it doesn't have to be real. Even it it was just a hallucination, it existed in the reality of your mind. It doesn't have to be in the world you are living in. Something like Idealism and parellel world kinds stuff. Im just trying to remember things from my philosophy class which I have forgotten in context. Ugh, why did I lose my notebook.

Im gonna try not to go as deep this time. Ghosts, yes it could be real but it can be a hallunination of the mind trigger by a statement, "This house is haunted." Your mind might end up creating illusions of ghost or weird flying things even though the house isn't haunted because you were made to think the house is. See?

All in all, it is you who decide (with your rational thinking) to make what is real...or believe it.
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; Sep 20, 2006 at 11:24 PM.

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes things exist if you don't believe in them. Just like certain things don't exist though people believe in them. I do believe in ghosts, but if I didn't and then I saw one, I would definitely believe.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think things can exsist even if we don't believe they do. Uniconrns, dragons, ghosts, vaimpires, and aliens...are all things that could quite possible exsist even if we don't believe in them. They may still not exsist to you also..but to someone else somewhere even though they don't exsist they do...lol very confusing I know.

Newbie fabulousness may be famous one day fabulousness may be famous one day fabulousness's Avatar
    Thanks

well that comes back to the question how do you know something is real? just because you see it, does that mean its really there? like, if i see this pencil, is it real? Does everyone else see it? If it exists to you, then thats all that matters

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

can u be specific... like are u talking about a supernatural being or supreme being what exactly... if ur asking about god then yes i think a god exsits, i mean something had to create everything else. Are you talking about supernatural such as ghosts, then no i dont believe that 'ghosts' exsist prehaps evil spirits and such but not ghosts persay.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Things can still exist even if you believe that it doesnt, like UFOs and stuff like that.

I personally believe that anything can exist even if it has been PROVEN that no such thing can exist by years and years of extensive research...well depends on what "it" specifically is. ^^;

You just never know if something can really exist or not...maybe something cant exist in this point of time but maybe in the past and/or in the future it was/is possible.

...k, maybe this didnt make a lot of sense as I hoped. ^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

You do not have to believe in something for it to exist. The qualifications for existance of an object of ideal do not include having "believers" Just like whether or not there is life on another planet does not depend on how many people believe there is. No matter what I believe, the kind of car I own will not change, nor will the fact that I need glasses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast