+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Korea

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Re: Korea

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    You know after going to Korea I can honestly say it is a nasty pit of a country. I think we should leave it and let them fight it out.
    really? I have seen only prapoganda so i dont know how it is :/ i dont know i am just kinda concered i mean dont we have enough to deal with with the economy and the other war?

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

You know after going to Korea I can honestly say it is a nasty pit of a country. I think we should leave it and let them fight it out.
    Opinions opinions. You're going to influence the younguns here who may not know anything about Korea. I personally think Korea's a fun and vibrant country. Don't agree with their politics, but their easy-to-get-along-with people, cheap delicious spicy food, cultural history, music, and their language which is much easier to speak and write than Japanese appeal to me.

That's South Korea though, and as much as Koreans nowadays cringe to admit it, it's because of America that they are the country they are now. North Korea needs to shake off that wannabe communist farce and take care of its people. While children are walking around barefoot, eating crumbs off the floor, the clowns on top are having fun being belligerent.
    関西は最高やねん

Newbie animefreak150 is off to a good start animefreak150's Avatar
    Thanks

u know this war has been going on for over 50 years and i think Kin Jong Il needs to give it up considering that practically he's already lost... although i dont know... wars are pointless and stupid... and i'd hate to see my home country (South Korea)destroyed...
    the worst feeling is not Death, its knowing that you aren't needed,

that you are alone in this world, and that you no longer have a reason to live...

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan View Post
    Opinions opinions. You're going to influence the younguns here who may not know anything about Korea. I personally think Korea's a fun and vibrant country. Don't agree with their politics, but their easy-to-get-along-with people, cheap delicious spicy food, cultural history, music, and their language which is much easier to speak and write than Japanese appeal to me.

That's South Korea though, and as much as Koreans nowadays cringe to admit it, it's because of America that they are the country they are now. North Korea needs to shake off that wannabe communist farce and take care of its people. While children are walking around barefoot, eating crumbs off the floor, the clowns on top are having fun being belligerent.
    Could be there are some good places. I sometimes forget that if there is a good part to a foreign country I wouldn't have seen it. All I remember are twisted alley ways and the dank smell of what I could only describe as decay, the smell of buildings and rusted twisted metal mixed with a faint hint of human waste wafting in the warm air. Flies buzzing and feeding on the decrepit as they fore shadowed death. But you can say that about just any twisted back alley ghetto or village I had to slog through in that great bruise called "asia." Double that misery for the Philippines.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Could be there are some good places. I sometimes forget that if there is a good part to a foreign country I wouldn't have seen it. All I remember are twisted alley ways and the dank smell of what I could only describe as decay, the smell of buildings and rusted twisted metal mixed with a faint hint of human waste wafting in the warm air. Flies buzzing and feeding on the decrepit as they fore shadowed death. But you can say that about just any twisted back alley ghetto or village I had to slog through in that great bruise called "asia." Double that misery for the Philippines.
    not that much...probably in luzon and especially manila. but it's islands and provinces are actually nice and peaceful, especially the beaches...around 3000 of them. and not to forget it's friendly people. you can see the and even experience the difference in comparing the province and the city.

as for korea...i have a feeling it's gonna get worst.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Alchemy II Champion Shizuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Honestly speaking I think this is Kim Jong Il's attempt go have a "glorious" exit before he dies. He is old and close to dying or at the very least not in a healthy condition.

Even though N. Korea has always been like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum, I think they are a little smarter than to actually pursue their claim of all out war with S. Korea. Especially since Russia is no longer a communist country, which is a big blow to N. Korea and as for China they have been really touchy and not taking sides with either side. And if they do go in a all out war they can kiss good bye to their plan of recovering their economy by 2012. To my knowledge it's China who holds the Key since they have the Veto in the UN...all South and North Korea are doing is waiting for one side to start.

Either way I think this is more bluffing than actual claim to resume fire. I think most would agree with me that bringing an all out war as N. Korea claims it would be a suicidal move and there will be no N. Korea if this war does resume fire.

As for affecting America...well...I don't think our country can tango 3 wars at the same time. Not with our current economy that is~ But if the war did resume fire than I think the ones most affected would be the Asian countries closest to the Korean Peninsula and Japan. So let's pray to god that this is nothing more than another of N. Korea's bad case of child tantrum.

Well~ For the benefit of America I do think it would be best for us to not stick our nose where it doesn't belong. But considering how close the Korean Peninsula is to the United States, I would be a little fidgety with the current political state. Not to mention our allies would go nuts if we didn't keep doing our role of "Police of the World" role. But, I would have to respectfully disagree with you that we should let a country rot in a war because you or someone thinks its a "nasty pit of a country". It doesn't matter if the country is nasty or its a country like N. Korea...your average everyday citizens doesn't deserve to die because their country's leader are stupid as hell. Not to mention lets not forget Germany...they were left to rot and pay for all war debts and what did that result? WWII.
    Last edited by Shizuka; Jun 12, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the world blind"- Ghandi

Newbie animefreak150 is off to a good start animefreak150's Avatar
    Thanks

you know beast thats really mean! i have family and relatives there! and why should we pull out and let them fight for themselves?! i mean u know its not like my country has any other friendly friends in the world! it makes me sad that kim jong ill is still the dictator of North Korea... i wish it would all be fine and we could like make my country a democracy like the United States... why and we live without wars??
    the worst feeling is not Death, its knowing that you aren't needed,

that you are alone in this world, and that you no longer have a reason to live...

Newbie LuisCastellari is off to a good start LuisCastellari's Avatar
    Thanks

Korea is definitely not going to be unified anytime soon, that's for sure. -_- If both North and South turn this in to a full-fledged war, though... Yeah, that's not good. O_O I'm still torn on whether or not it would be a good idea for the United States to intervene...we could be either a great help or a tremendous bother, and with the wars we have going on right now... Oy, it's confusing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast