+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Languages you speak?

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Languages you speak?

Naturally I can speak fluent English since it is my mother tongue. And It is probably the only language I am fluent in. I can speak different words or phrases in spanish/japanese/italian and german. I speak more spanish than german which is sad because I am part german.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I am Cuban-American, I was born bilingual. I learned both English and Spanish as a baby.

It can get weird sometimes. Like most of the time, my thoughts are in English, but on occasion they're in Spanish. To me, they're like the same language, just different adaptations.

I also dabble in Japanese. And when I say dabble, I mean I just pick up words from various anime. lol

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Newbie Eichiro is off to a good start Eichiro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugaya389 View Post
    i speak... Chinese, Japanese, Fench( sometimes) english and spanish... I usually speak english and japanese though
    wow u speak aloot of languages!!!
    anyway I speak cantonese (another dialect of chinese), vietnamese,english learning spanish & frnech for school cred but i enjoy french and im willing to learn japenese,and manderin

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

The only languages I'm fluent in are English, Malay, Hokkien and Japanese (because my family speaks Hokkien, I'm part-Japanese, and if you grow up in Malaysia you'll inevitably be able to speak English & Malay). Other languages I'm trying to pick up are Mandarin, German, Korean and Portuguese.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I dream of speaking other languages?? Of course I know English since it is my mother tongue. I also know Southern English and believe me there is a difference between Southern English and just regular English. For instance, ju and chu can both mean you.

I am currently studying Japanese through online teaching sites and a Japanese for Dummies book and grammar book. So I know a pretty good amount of Japanese but I will be the first to admit that I have a long way to go.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I, myself, am an intricate man... my knowledge in language is unsurpassed.

I speak... English... I know a few phrases and words and Tagalog, and able to understand generally almost all conversations... I used to know Japanese very well, but for some reason, my brain can't hold the information from those classes... I used to know Cantonese phrases... I used to barely speak Spanish, but never understood it (I could make sentences like the wind! ... aaand that's about it)... I used to know some French phrases... and I culturally understand phrases from Canada...........

PFF!! XD Intricate, I say. Purely genius.

Edit:
    Oh, and I can barely understand fluent-Irish-speakers and can almost tell what the hell is going on with those speaking in strange phrases and contexts from Australia...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice, Soshi. In that case, I used to be able to speak Swahili, Mayan, Hindi, French and Italian, but my brain mysteriously got rid of all memories of every single word in those languages I ever knew. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Straaaange happenings. roflmao.

Haha, but truthfully, to add to my earlier post, I can speak a variety of erm.. English. In different accents (because for some reason I'm very good with anything linguistics-related o.O). I think Manglish counts as a language on its own - Westerners who visit Malaysia always wonder what the hell the language we're speaking is, even though we all know it's English and we understand each other perfectly. Hee hee.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post

Haha, but truthfully, to add to my earlier post, I can speak a variety of erm.. English. In different accents (because for some reason I'm very good with anything linguistics-related o.O). I think Manglish counts as a language on its own - Westerners who visit Malaysia always wonder what the hell the language we're speaking is, even though we all know it's English and we understand each other perfectly. Hee hee.
    That's common in places where they used to be a colony. They borrow the words of their conquerors and combine it with their own language. Even they are mostly speaking English, or Spanish, or French or whatever.

Do most Chinese people in Malaysia speak Hokkien or is it just your family?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Can I dream of speaking other languages?? Of course I know English since it is my mother tongue. I also know Southern English and believe me there is a difference between Southern English and just regular English. For instance, ju and chu can both mean you.
    Honto ni Honto?. Is there really such a difference between southern and regular english. I remember I was talking to these two girls. The girl said something to her in southern english and the other girl didn't understand her. She repeated her self in regular english and the girl finally understood her. I understood what she said perfectly and it sounded the same to me.

Hell I bet I could tell someone "One of ya'll go get me a pale" and they wouldn't understand a word I'm saying.
    My mother and the rest of her family are from Louisiana so I guess that's why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast