+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: learning disabilities

Newbie Kera Hakashi may be famous one day Kera Hakashi may be famous one day Kera Hakashi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: learning disabilities

I can relate to learning disabilities personally, I have ADD and take medication for it. If I don't take it, I can't focus, and act really silly.

Plus my little sister has Autism, it's hard for her because people don't know what to do around her. It's hard for me too, being the oldest, I'm very protective of my little sister and I just can't understand her. She takes medication also and has help from a special aid for school stuff. My mom and me always have to help her with her homework, which is very tedious.

In conclusion, I agree that all schools should have special programs for kids with learning disabilities. And they should treat them the same as the non-disabled kids.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, because then the school helps those students learn. thats the whole point of school.

thats why schools have pace

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, obviously people with learning disabilities have special needs, so they'd HAVE to be taught in a different way, and perhaps treated a little differently. But I'm guessing what you initially meant borders on discrimination and botched opportunities - if that's the case, then I'm going to have to say NO. They shouldn't be denied the chance to try out for things. If they don't make it, then they don't make it. But they should at least be allowed to do things that normal people can do. (Note: "allowed" is not the same as "made to")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4