+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Legacy Of AO.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Legacy Of AO.

Funny you mention that, Chanel sweetie ^_^
    Even though we have a RPG forum, it still doesn't have the thing ... or the essence ... of the old days of AO.
    Anywho, I am being completely honest, and I am a fan of AO, but, AO is not fun anymore.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Wow do I feel odd duck out!

I am well past school. While I prefer not to give my age; I like some anonymity; I am not a youngster. Marriage is not an option. I care for my Mother and youngest sister who have health problems, so between home and work there is no time to meet people.

THIS is my place. It's the first place I have been comfortable in. Granted I am a newbie, so I know nothing of the Gran old days you all keep referring to. Except for some of the things I have seen going on, and trying to learn who to steer clear of, I am happy here. I would hate to see it closed down. I suppose that is why there seems to be such a hard press going on for new ideas.

Someone I email/PM with (on and off site) asked me if I noticed that a small handful of people seem to be doing most of the major thread starting. You know like BOOM, all of a sudden said people post many threads all at once. Almost as if all they do is make notes of what threads to start. He asked if I thought they were doing it to boost their credits, or because there was not enough posts going on. I hadn't actually thought about it before that, but maybe with what you are saying, I guess they're trying to keep things rolling.
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Nov 09, 2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: switched two words around so something made sense

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear what your saying Umbriel! I am also past that part of my life as well. I also like this site and have made so good friends here. I don't really want to see it go either. But I can also be considered a newbie, so I don't know what it was like before. But I have to say that I don't really see anything wrong with what it is now. I do admit that some of the posts could use some help and regulars seem few and far between at times, but it still holds some fun for me. I would like to see this place live on for a long time.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Hah ^^ I'll be here untill the day I die, or when I get blind or lose all my fingers (feet fingers too ^^ lol) marrige won't bother me (looking at whom I want to marry :P), nothing could unless I live in such a country that you can't get nterent conection

This is my only forum and I'm gonna leave it like that (because I don't have the time to be in many and because this is just good enough and I've found lots of great people here ^^)

And indeed, as Legend said- animeonline couldn't possibly die off, because I'm sure anime won't ever... it could only get better

Legends? Naaa.. it's almost impossible to get famous here. You leave for a month and already are forgotten ^^ lol Just enjoy your time here, meet friends and... have fun...

I do hope that the old posts will stay somewhere in an achieve, because there are really good poems here, witch would be sad to lose..

EDIT:
    P.s. @ tsurara (next post): I hope you didn't think I thought legacy is necessay... I don't think so ^^ but you must agree it's not nice to come back "home" and find all your friends don't remember who you are :P (ok, I'm overexaggerating)
    Last edited by Lasura; Nov 10, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

It's an internet forum... it doesn't need a legacy.

This is a site created for entertainment. If you learn something here, make friends, and/or have good memories of it that's about all the "legacy" most internet sites can hope for.

We aren't saving the world here... we aren't even changing it. We sit around and talk about it...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

In all seriousness, once you get a life out there in the real world i doubt if any of you would have time to come here to play anymore.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    In all seriousness, once you get a life out there in the real world i doubt if any of you would have time to come here to play anymore.
    Who said we're playing? We're making new friends, talking to cool people (and there will ALWAYS be cool peopel here), taking part in contests, improving our skills in writing and GFX, talking about serious and not so serious things... It's not just a game for me.

Tohugh, I'm sure that when I'm in university or taking my A-level tests, I won't be spending that much time here, but I'l lcome back when I can :P

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    In all fairness... MOST people use the internet as a temporary escape from real life. Not the other way around.

I don't know about the other AO members, but I'm doing just fine in my real life, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast