+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary creatures

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Legendary creatures

The dragon is one of the most known & popular legendary creatures, whatever there are a lot more mythical creatures such as the griffin,the pheonix,tjhe unicorn,mermaids,minotaurs...
    So which mythical creature do you like most?
    I like the eastern dragon;because the european dragon has wings & it reminds me by the griffen,while the eastern dragon floats freely without wings (that's magical!)[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AstralMage01 For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Mar 19, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legendary creatures

I like the Western Europiean Dragons, I always thought they were really cool. I also like to draw these kind of dragons as well. Hmm, I mite be able to root around through my art folder and show off a few scetches.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite would definitely have to be the Phoenix...
    The phoenix bird symbolizes immortality, resurrection and life after death. In ancient Greek and Egyptian mythology, it is associated with the sun god. According to the Greeks, the bird lives in Arabia, near a cool well. Every morning at dawn, the sun god would stop his chariot to listen to the bird sing a beautiful song while it bathed in the well. Only one phoenix exists at a time. When the bird felt its death was near, every 500 to 1,461 years, it would build a nest of aromatic wood and set it on fire. The bird then was consumed by the flames. A new phoenix sprang forth from the pyre. It embalmed the ashes of its predecessor in an egg of myrrh and flew with it to Heliopolis, "city of the sun," where the egg was deposited on the altar of the sun god. In Egypt, it was usually depicted as a heron, but in the classic literature as a peacock or an eagle.......
    I find this creature to have amazing qualities and in my opinion it outshines all the other mythical creatures.....^^
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well, I deffinatly have to agree with Astaroth and say the phoenix!
    Why??? Because one, I love fire and it just fasinates me how the whole bird is born from ashes and has firey wings. It's very beautiful, and I enjoy looking at pictures of them. Two, because, like astaroth said, the bird is a very important symbol in Greek and Egyption mythology. After all, the bird origianated from Egypt. And finally, I'm just in love with birds! I like crows especialy, and when I first heard/read/saw the phoenix, I deffinatly did want to know more about them. So, over all the mythical creatures I can think of, the poenix deffinatly has to be my favorite.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Akura13 For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Mar 13, 2008)

Otaku Grimm Akumu is off to a good start
    Outer Heaven,in Zanzibar Land, around the corner from Shadow Moses Island right beside the Big Shell
    Thanks

the dragon is awesome, and so is the phoenix, i dunno which one is cooler really haha

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Haha, This is cool. I'm actually reading the second book of the eragon series right now, called eldest.
    It's a good book, so you all should go read it.

Anyways, the artistry that i've seen of dragons...has almost always astounded me, especially the ancient artwork of dragons.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragons are cool but my favorite has to be the unicorn. I especially like the black ones. They are said to have a different power then the white ones. But either way the unicorns are majestic and powerful as well as elusive.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    Dragons are cool but my favorite has to be the unicorn. I especially like the black ones. They are said to have a different power then the white ones. But either way the unicorns are majestic and powerful as well as elusive.
    Yeah, but from what I've heard the black unicorn was the white's polar opposite and altogether evil. I wonder if I could ride one? lol.

It's hard for me ta decide which one is my favorite, 'cause I like them all. Although I lean a little toward the Dragon, I also like the Phoenix. I even did this drawin' of a Phoenix that I want ta have tattooed onta me. Another one of my favs is the Roc also, I guess havin' a larger version of the majestic eagle jus' impresses me.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast