+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary creatures

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legendary creatures

I'm 100% dragon lover dragons are most greatest creature of mythical creatures , from a cute bearded dragon to a large komoto dragon . I proud to be born under the sign of the dragon..

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Of the legendary creatures I would say I love the dragons... however... I know it is going to sound a little contradictory but... I love fairies mpre than I do dragons.
    Why? well dragons I love their representation of strength and power... but with fairies I like their representation of joy and magic.
    Yes dragons have their imponent presence but fairies have this playful and cheerful presence that I like the most.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=AstralMage01;588560]
    I like the eastern dragon;because the european dragon has wings & it reminds me by the griffen,while the eastern dragon floats freely without wings (that's magical!)QUOTE]

Based on what i've read on some chinese and asian stuff, their dragons can fly because flying itself is supernaturally innate for them, and some can fly because of a jewel(usually pearl or jade) embedded on a part of their body...sometimes on their foreheads, sometimes in their mouths....Eastern dragons represents positivity over negativity(blessings over woe), vice-versa for the western ones.

I guess you could call me a legendary/mythological creature enthusiast, i could list up hundreds of monsters that i know(background included) but in respect to the forum rules, i'd rather not. Wikipedia is your friend, and thus, The List. It's an incomplete list, there are still lots of monsters that aren't in that list. Oh well, how geeky can i be.....

As for the favorites, i'd have to say Jack in Irons, Tikbalang, and Hecatonchires. Jack is taken from Yorkshire folklore, he is depicted as a giant covered in chains carrying a spiked club. He stalked and haunted the lonely roads, he is known to take the heads of his victims for ornamental purposes. Human heads=fashion statement.

The Tikbalang is a Philippine mythological creature. It is larger than the normal human but not to a gigantic level. It's basically the Philippine Minotaur, or shall i say Hippotaur coz its head is a horse's instead of a bull's.

Lastly, Hecatonchires is from greek mythology. These giants had hundred hands and fifty heads, they were the children of Gaia and Uranus. I guess i don't have to talk more about their backgrounds, having a hundred hands and fifty heads are enough to make a statement.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i personally like Charybdis of greek folklore. who wouldn't love a gigantic whirlpool creature that eats anything in it's mouth?

other than that i must say i love the Centaur. Being an archer, i;ve always loved the fact that these creatures were some of the best archers in folklore.
    Why hello there!

Newbie Dark Hero Kazuma is off to a good start Dark Hero Kazuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say that my favorite is a legendary Norse creature known as Fenrisulfr, a.k.a. Fenrir. He is the son of the God of Mischief, Loki, and a giant. It is said that on Ragnarok (Judgment of the Gods), Fenrisulfr will break free of his bonds and devour Odin and bring the end of humanity and the planet.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

My favourite is a dragon, it has been since i was little, i always wanted to just fly and breath fire. I am a collector of dragons and hopefully they will be useful to you one day. They are like an imaginary sprit that helps me through life, like god. I don't have a favourite dragon except the ones that look like dragons if you know what i mean. Not cartoons or pictionised. There alll great.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite legendary creatures, huh? Mine would be the phoenix and the orcs.

Phoenix because they are so cool. (Not really reasonable.)

Sure, the orcs are one of the most disgusting and ugliest creatures you know but to me it's one of the most interesting magical creature I know. I read a story about orcs. I forgot who wrote it but it sure is one cool book.

XD

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i have always been facinated by dragons. mainly because almost every culture has a kind of dragon. almost all of them are very similar in appearance and all none of the respective cultures had any contact with each other at the time of the conception of the dragon "myth". because off this i am led to believe that dragons are not really mythological at all, that they are merely extinct

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast