+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letting go

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Letting go

Only one person I really had a hard time letting go, mainly becasue she honestly was the most fitting for being "The One". She was cruel, vile, truthful, sooo mean, showed NO mercy to anyone. And loved her for it. THEN she moved away.....and bam broke up, sucked a lot. Of course I'm teh type to bury my feelings, so I did. In truth I just said, "Bahhhh, no need to worry, past is past."

Then boom, it's all gone. To me buryinig the feelings to the point where they are decomposed into nothing iss the best route.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Letting go is hard to do for lots of people. I know I'm one of them. When someone you love, cherish and wish to spend the rest of your life with just up and walks away, it hurts. It's not easy dealing with loss, it's even harder dealing with loss and trying to let go of the person--especially when 90% of the time letting go is the last thing someone wants to do.

I've been there. I still am there... It sucks, it's hard and it's frustrating. I'm constantly hiding the way I feel, so my friends don't see my pain. Although, most can probably see it in my eyes. I know 59wayz knows, but that's because he's one of the few that I'll talk to about it. I know it's not good to bury your feelings, but I don't like people to see me upset or depressed.

Lately, I've been trying to tell myself to let go, but it's hard. Real hard. I don't even feel like the same person anymore. I haven't been for almost a year now. I dunno... I know that letting go is something that everyone will have to do at some point in time. The question is: Is that person able to?
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Dec 12, 2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: &^*%*&%

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

NevesElocin (Dec 13, 2007)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive had that experince once before as well ( But it wasnt me). But it was long ago, probably my first gurl friend ever, like in the 3rd or 4th grade, we went out for like 2 years, and then just broke up, I was fine with it, I mean, I didnt know what love was, but the girl, being a good 2 years older than my, always followed me around, and everytime I tried to go out with someone else, she'd always tried to break us up

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

So the thing your saying on is this thread is if you have ever let go right.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

An experience like that? Let's see... Nope, I've never had an experience like that, not once in my life. Maybe I'm too self-centered or egotistical for me to feel sad to break off with someone? or maybe I just haven't made a connection that meaningful to make me sad yet, I wonder...

If I ever did have to break up with someone, I'd just sit, close my eyes, and clear my mind. Believe it or not, meditating actually works, at least for me.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

lol ^^ I just don't let go- if he doesn't let me go- I don't let him go. If he decides he wants it over with... it really doesn't take much time for me to get over it, I might cry for a day but in the morning I'll feel ok again and will be ready to move on. I don't know maybe my short memory helps a bit- at the moment when I'm dumpet, most of the good things are just earesed for the time of period when I need to forget... I think my body helps me itself a lot.

I think though, that, with the relationship I have now, it might be A LOT harder, because it's very strong and very addictive at this period of time. So, "letting go" might just break me. That is how I feel now...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

basically, i belive it's a line between letting go and giving up...

how often do you let go? and how often do you give up? and when do you know your not doing this when you were intending to do the other?

i gues you kind of lean the hard way that letting go... is almost never related to giving up... nothing is as close to the truth as this... when you let go... have you already given up?

i gues i believe that you do... remember the line "where there's a will, there's a way"? i wuess it doesn't just pass off as just giving up, or just letting go... you do both.

hmm... but the thing is... that when you so it, you should be sure it's worth all the self-inflicted pain you re going to suffer for a long time afterwards.

life is cruel... we will just have to deal with it... and that's how we all tend to stay alive.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    basically, i belive it's a line between letting go and giving up...

how often do you let go? and how often do you give up? and when do you know your not doing this when you were intending to do the other?

i gues you kind of lean the hard way that letting go... is almost never related to giving up... nothing is as close to the truth as this... when you let go... have you already given up?

i gues i believe that you do... remember the line "where there's a will, there's a way"? i wuess it doesn't just pass off as just giving up, or just letting go... you do both.

hmm... but the thing is... that when you so it, you should be sure it's worth all the self-inflicted pain you re going to suffer for a long time afterwards.

life is cruel... we will just have to deal with it... and that's how we all tend to stay alive.
    That has to be the truest thing I have heard yet. Most don't want to let go because they don't want to give up on that person. It's true that you do cause yourself alot of pain in doing that, but in some cases you can see that the person has alot more to offer than they think or even believe they do. So letting go kinda means that you are abandoning them, in a way. But like you said life is crule and most of the time you never get what you want. So you do have to deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast