+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letting Someone Go

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Letting Someone Go

Have you ever felt like you loved someone so much that you couldn't imagine your life without them? Y'know the kind of love where you can't go more than 20 minutes without having that person in your thoughts? The kind of love where you'd do anything in your power for that person... and you are certain you could live out the rest of your life and not need anyone else...

And then.....

Something happens, they're just not interested in you (anymore). You grow apart. They fell out of love or something. The relationship ends. Or maybe it never really began, whatever the case may be.

How do you mentally and emotionally detatch yourself? If you love someone THAT much... should you let them go? Can you? Have you ever had to force yourself to let someone go? Did it work? How did you do it? How long did it take?

I welcome this question to everyone here, but It would really be helpful to hear from the more mature (older) members. As I am speaking of the type of love most of us don't understand until we're a bit more experienced in life.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Letting Someone Go

Well...
    I donno. I personally just have this point at which I KNOW I make bad decisions and I need to make better ones. I just...tell myself "what you do,and did before, didn't work. Try something new. Even if it's totally not you, maybe that's what you need to do."

It didn't completely get me over said person. But it did help me detach. And once that happened... I found someone else that made it a lot easier to move past my mental block. It didn't happen right away, or even in appropriate amount of time to have another person involved in assisting me. But it helpped and eventually I did get over that. (Reminding yourself of the things you need to get over them for, instead of the things you like and admire about the person, essentially blocking out the good memories for the most part, helps too. But isn't always possible.)

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bratling For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Feb 01, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it, when I have asked this question to others, (mainly friends of family), that they say things like. "To get over one man, you have to get under another one"

My problem with that is, I can't just get involved with any ol' body... I havent discoverd any feelings in me for too many other men. and really right now theres only one other person I could think of... he's likely way out of my league.

Also, the hard part about dwelling on someones negative characteristics is, Then I get angry, and intolerable. Focusing on anything negative just brings out the worst in me. And I HAVE to deal with this person on a regular basis.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Have you ever felt like you loved someone so much that you couldn't imagine your life without them? Y'know the kind of love where you can't go more than 20 minutes without having that person in your thoughts? The kind of love where you'd do anything in your power for that person... and you are certain you could live out the rest of your life and not need anyone else...

And then.....

Something happens, they're just not interested in you (anymore). You grow apart. They fell out of love or something. The relationship ends. Or maybe it never really began, whatever the case may be.

How do you mentally and emotionally detatch yourself? If you love someone THAT much... should you let them go? Can you? Have you ever had to force yourself to let someone go? Did it work? How did you do it? How long did it take?

I welcome this question to everyone here, but It would really be helpful to hear from the more mature (older) members. As I am speaking of the type of love most of us don't understand until we're a bit more experienced in life.

I actually had someone that I couldn't live with out. And Tear my heart out and just dumped me like a sack of potatoes and I was crying until I fell asleep and "he" was still running in my dreams and killed me in my sleep. I was freaking out and I was heartbroken. I actually dated "him" for awhile. Yea. I loved "him" so much. I tried getting "him" out of my mind and it actually worked for awhile. And, now I think about it. It seems painful to me. "He" Got tired of me so, he moved on without me knowing. That bloody cheater /: even though I'm a little young for this stuff. I have a pretty good idea what love really is.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh.... I like this guy in our school. We became friends and close. Before, I didn't really like him. I was just helping him with a friend of mine, whom he likes but didn't like him back. And then I fell for him. I told him and it was all okay. And just this January I told him that I don't like him anymore. I was really over him... at least after the following two weeks. My friend told me (the one he likes) that I wasn't over him and I still like him. I admitted that I'm kinda sorta not yet over him. And it was just cool. But the problem is that whenever our eyes would met, I would be embarrassed and would turn away.

The point is, sometimes you can't just detach someone from your life, especially if you "love" them. It takes time. Sometimes, you feel like you can't let go but you actually can. It just takes time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ayu For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Feb 02, 2009)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

getting involved with someone when you are still emotionally attached to another is wrong. and not fair to the person you are making a rebound person or guy. I had to recently had to like let go of somoene, sure there is someone interested but I told the guy honestly that friendship is the best i can give and was surprised that this new guy told me he'd wait and that he said he was able to wait for his turn to date me and waiting and being there for me until i am ready was a complete surprise....

It takes time to get over someone...it really does specially when you can say you gave your heart and soul to the person. It takes time, you can enjoy going out like with your friends to the movies or your family.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Feb 04, 2009)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Have you ever felt like you loved someone so much that you couldn't imagine your life without them? Y'know the kind of love where you can't go more than 20 minutes without having that person in your thoughts? The kind of love where you'd do anything in your power for that person...
    Nope.

Letting go a matter of relaxing a few muscles.

Newbie Vileofblood is off to a good start Vileofblood's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow it's like you were with me last tuesday me and my boy friend were together for 8 months but we have an age difference and he is the younger one i mean it's nothing illegal but i never thought we would break up until his dad brought up the fact that i will be graduating in a year and he will be a freashmen it wasn't going to work. I am still hurt i haven't spoken to anyone since so .....

Why do i hate me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast