+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Life and Lessons Learned!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Life and Lessons Learned!

Greetings to AO members,

For each, life is an unique experience.. It attempts to teach us some truth about itself, though that truth may be embraced, received, and perceived differently by some people, and it leaves us with countless memories within its duration... In turn, it allows us to build, fine-tune, and correct our perspectives/views on innumerable things ~! Additionally, it enables us to impart others the knowledge we have gained. Well, for some lessons to sound cogent, one would have to experience them themselves anyways.

Anyhow, my question is: What is the most valuable lesson you learned in life? And why do you regard it as valuable? Note: You don't have to limit yourself to one lesson. If you would like to share more, please do, but do not simply list them please ~! And that lesson you learned can pretty much be about anything. It can pertain to relationships, morality, human nature, ex cetera. Go Wild!

Let's make this more interactive! I welcome your responses!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life and Lessons Learned!

Excellent Question Kedar-kun^^

My response: My main lesson that I've learned in life is that Never give on something that you either love, cherish, or hold at a high esteem. If you are able to believe in yourself and never give in to the pain of defeat, anything is possible to accomplish. The first step in believing is accepting the truth. Once you grasp the fact you must work towards your goal, you must believe in yourself, and then finally you will be able to accomplish it!

-Das.
    Last edited by dark angel swordsman; Jun 11, 2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the best thing i learned in life is to be tough...

when i got with Soshi, i was very soft and very easily persuaded... but as i grew with him and to myself, i could feel myself becoming tougher...

my tears are not so loud anymore, i can take when people speak badly better, i am better at taking care of myself, i am better at knowing who i am...

this is very important to me... becuz if i can't be strong in myself, then how can i be strong enough to protect the ones i love?

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say that the lesson that really sticks out is to belive in yourself and to not dwell in the past and move on with life.

I've had a series of setbacks and low blows here recently (ex.. my marriage falling apart, my grandfather dying, and my nephew diagnosed with leukemia) all happening within a year. But if I didn't keep my head up and belive in myself and not dwell on "what ifs" then I probably would of lost it by now. Don't get me wrong I cried and threw fits but none of it changed anything. So basically I was forced to move on with my life, something that is eaiser said than done, I'm now a stronger person than I was before.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Anyhow, my question is: What is the most valuable lesson you learned in life? And why do you regard it as valuable? Note: You don't have to limit yourself to one lesson. If you would like to share more, please do, but do not simply list them please ~! And that lesson you learned can pretty much be about anything. It can pertain to relationships, morality, human nature, ex cetera. Go Wild!

Let's make this more interactive! I welcome your responses!
    I think one lesson that can be apply to everyone is "watching what you say". Pretty sure that most of us have something we said that we wished we could take back especially when we were younger. Even for me now, sometimes I say something stupid or don't say something that I wish I had said after something happens. So the big lesson is, think before you say something. And think quick of course, otherwise it'll look odd

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Lessons form the life i have many but the most one it's to not trust with anyone either friends or sttaf cuse i try once and I fail they **** me...
    so why we should trust and to not be very kind that make people make you like a sillly every time they need help you are valible and if you say no I can't now oh you make something bad.....

Foolish beating

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    I think one lesson that can be apply to everyone is "watching what you say". Pretty sure that most of us have something we said that we wished we could take back especially when we were younger. Even for me now, sometimes I say something stupid or don't say something that I wish I had said after something happens. So the big lesson is, think before you say something. And think quick of course, otherwise it'll look odd
    Not me. I say whatever comes to mind. And I don't regret saying horrible, mean or anything like it at all.

But one lesson I learned and am still trying to apply it to my beliefs as best as I can was/is to "never care/ believe in/to listen to what people say." I would always get so worked up at people making fun of me for my looks and what not. I stopped caring years ago though sometimes I do listen and do believe in what people say...So yeah I need to work on that a little more. ^___^U

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

The most important lesson that I have learned in my life is to never let your emotions get the better of you. After observing again and again the consequences of letting yourself be conquered by petty feelings, whither it compassion or hatred I learned to interpret and react to feelings in an intelligent and careful manner that would both benefit myself and others. And how to control myself when I encounter a high emotional peak. This means knowing when, where, to whom and how to show emotion.

For example a way you would show emotional intelligence is to protect your own. So instead of simply opening yourself up emotionally by doing something nice for someone after only knowing them for a short time, what I have learned is that you should instead observe or test how they will react. Do something small for them, then immediately ask for a return favor. If they don't oblige it means they lack the ability to fully appreciate and compensate for what other people do for them. This screening technique for making new friends and keeping tabs on old ones will save you a lot of hurt and resentment later on.

Or if you're angered by something, don't immediatley act on it. Decide whither or not whatever action you are thinking of taking is beneficial to you in the short/long run or to anyone else around you. Because if you immediately act on a negative emotion it could cause a lot more problems than it solves. for instance if someone is offending or harrasing you and you are thinking of physically hurting them to stop it. By doing this you may infact be creating a worse situation for yourself or others. If you engage this person in a physically harmful way most likely he will look for backup and get his friends involved, then you get your friends involved, then parents or authorities get involved and everyone gets placed in a hot spot. It's better to take a potentially more productive route by first going to an authoritive figure and seeing where it goes from there. Or to plan your schedule around them, this may be less satisfying but it will probably save you trouble.

So to conclude: Play with your emotions as if you are playing chess. Think ahead and strategize according to the situation.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 11, 2007 at 11:42 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast