+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Life and Lessons Learned!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life and Lessons Learned!

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Not me. I say whatever comes to mind. And I don't regret saying horrible, mean or anything like it at all.

But one lesson I learned and am still trying to apply it to my beliefs as best as I can was/is to "never care/ believe in/to listen to what people say." I would always get so worked up at people making fun of me for my looks and what not. I stopped caring years ago though sometimes I do listen and do believe in what people say...So yeah I need to work on that a little more. ^___^U
    When I first read your response, my first reaction was "wow that is pretty selfish and despicable." But then I gave it some thought, and perhaps you and I grew up in different surroundings. Or perhaps I wasn't specific enough. What I meant was to watch what you say around adults. I mean I grew up in an environment where respect was a tad bit more focused on. However, that doesn't mean we were very formal, as we still diss every cousin, uncle, aunt, dad, mom, everyone like crazy; but ultimately there is a line we do not cross. So I don't know if you are someone who might cross that line when you say you don't care how mean things get.

So I would assume you would be brave enough to even give your boss at work the one finger salute??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

-_- Most of my life lessons taught to me aren't always "friendly"... or rather, I learned them the hard way. >_> I took the lessons the wrong way, and as punishment, I've grown rather "weak" in some of my attributes.

But it took me years to figure out what those lessons truly meant... I just had to shut my own thoughts out to figure it out.

Anywho...
    I don't know which lesson I should say. For some people, these lessons were really obvious.. so... erm... I guess I'll just blurt out two things and see how it goes.

1. Listen. Listen please. Always listen. Just be quiet and watch. Know how lucky you are to be able to express yourself, but realize how much of a curse it is to you and everyone else... before anything; listen and watch. Don't think, don't be sure... KNOW.

2. All things are a part of life. ALL things. Even your "annoying" parents, NPC-like teachers, backstabbing friends, useless strangers, bothersome flies, friendly dog, simple creatures, and etc etc etc. . . . . BUT MOST OF ALL!! Know that YOU are a part of life, that you are the same as all of them. And each of you have a responsibility for each other.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

The things I learnt from my experiences in life
    None.

Just kidding.

If you think about it, I was born like an egg yoke. I didn’t know what was beyond the shell, I only knew of the easy customs that surrounded me. I was getting used to the simple lifestyle, life without any pain as I see it. Except for the times I saw my pups’ lifeless bodies, their eyes rolled back onto their heads, being marched upon by cruel and thoughtless flesh eating ants.
    And when I didn’t get me pokemon cards.

A n y w a y!

Then I moved from my country to another [well, more like forced to] in search of high chances of success.
    There, well here now … I learnt the plays of life, the hard, monotonous way.
    First it was the physical part. I was used to complaining others if I didn’t get to my desired places on time, or if I had to walk more than my selfish self allowed me to. HERE I walked about 90 minutes from home to school and back. I soon realized that there was more than met the eye and it was too early [or rather late], to renounce.
    Ahahaha, I cant believe how futile I was O.o

The next was the mental part, the most challenging part yet. I learnt a lot of things. More than the miles I had to saunter.
    I shouldn’t be so close-minded like I was before to different people.
    I should get used to what life has to offer me and see beyond the horizon, and to make as much as I can other than black and white.
    When it comes to love I should be more careful and not to allow other people to get the best of me. [wehehehehe]
    … same with any other situation in life.
    T h e b e s t m a n g a c a n e v e r b e f o u n d I n t h e s c h o o l l I b r a r y.
    Sure there are better people than me out there, so I need to use the feeling of being let down as my fuel and race past them.
    You can get taller if you walk a lot!
    Looks really don’t matter [don’t ask about that one, loooong story] it’s just a part of life and you never know! What life has in store for you!
    Learn to forgive. It will make your chest feel lighter.
    Never trust public trains!
    Don’t ever cheat. In exams yeah sure! *notices Soshi* Ahhmm.. ahh you know …!

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well i learned that in my life is i will be srock down by pretty much anything and that i still can get up and fight for what is right ( well what i think)

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    When I first read your response, my first reaction was "wow that is pretty selfish and despicable." But then I gave it some thought, and perhaps you and I grew up in different surroundings. Or perhaps I wasn't specific enough. What I meant was to watch what you say around adults. I mean I grew up in an environment where respect was a tad bit more focused on. However, that doesn't mean we were very formal, as we still diss every cousin, uncle, aunt, dad, mom, everyone like crazy; but ultimately there is a line we do not cross. So I don't know if you are someone who might cross that line when you say you don't care how mean things get.

So I would assume you would be brave enough to even give your boss at work the one finger salute??

You are right. I did grow up in different surrondings but I still am respectful to adults...which is different where I live now because. But that's because I know how to play the game. And I do cross that line you mentioned to a certain extent and that's usually when I'm mad and or I when I prove to people how right I am when they think I'm wrong and then I tell them how wrong they are and how dumb they are for saying it. If my boss ever gets me angry to a certain extent then well yeah. But that won't happen because when I get out of college I'm going to work for myself.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

The best lesson I've learned is to not to take things too close to your heart- if a guy leaves you it's his fault.

Another one is to be strong- if you can't stand up for yourslef noone will, also you should be able to laugh about yourself, about your stipid mistakes...

Another thing I've learned is to watch out of drunk people- they ussually don't even understand what they're doing and will easily hurt you...

And the things that Anime Online has tought me are:
    1. not to be shy,
    2. give your opinions about things and let them be complete,
    3. poems are not such a bad thing after all, poems can be beautifull,
    4. you can be happy when you're single and
    5. post your works, let the world see them and tell if they're good

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i learned a few life lessons that made me
    belive like i do now , for one there is respect
    for others because i have kept to my self for
    so long i take a freindship and aprciate it more than
    most.

i also learned that loving donst come easy because
    of how i have always been because of a bad relationship
    16 years ago but in the end really life has many lessons
    and its up to you to see them or just ignore them.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie picoboca is off to a good start
    Thanks

be careful who you trust to...many people has let me down...and it's not nice feeling...and to be strong...i think i am strong person...in pshyhical way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast