+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Life in the Third Person!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life in the Third Person!

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Ah, well, I believe the theory behind it is that the person in question would feel less morally responsible, since they would feel less of a personal connection to their actions(Since they aren't necesarrily seeing it from their view). it sort of relates to how we act in video games. For example, in a first person shooter you can sometimes feel like you're 'really there', while in third person you don't have as much of a connection to the character. Now, whether that would translate to real life or not, is sort of the debatable question. I suppose it would differ from person to person.
    And that is why I said for the most part as there will always be those kind of people who will have that, effect on them I guess you would say for a lack of a better word. Any way I would find it rather disorienting.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

sometimes i belive they go to far with technology and this ISNT one of those times (had you going)

Yet myself the answer is myself. Nothing else, 3rd person or whatever just a reality 1st person is true being.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I would like 1st person because it easier to see in front of my self. But I guess it would be pretty cool to see in 3rd person for like a day or two to just see what it is like.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redragon495 View Post
    I think I would like 1st person because it easier to see in front of my self. But I guess it would be pretty cool to see in 3rd person for like a day or two to just see what it is like.
    i supose just a day or two wouldn't hurt, good thinking...i like your posts they are often easy to follow and well basically say what they mean

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Interesting concept. A rig which allows you to watch yourself as if your playing from a 3rd person perspective?

I can see how it would lead some people to mentally disconnect their actions from themselves, to them it could be as if they were watching someone else do it, not them at all. With that kinda "freedom", they could be more likely to do more reckless things, or dangerous things. Plus having the face covered could reinforce that even more...

Personally, I'd more than likely give it a go, then give it up rather quickly. I'm the type of guy who tends to, I guess "track" is the right word, track everyone around him. Kinda comes from having to watch my back for my entire school life. My eyes instinctively bounce around, looking allover the place. I like being able to see as much as I can.

Damn, Aren't I sounding like some sort of stalker :P1:. I'm not, I'm just instinctively security minded.

But if I'm forced to walk around seeing in the 3rd person, I won't be able to see directly in front of me, plus unless it's head mounted, I won't be able to see what's going on around me. I don't know about you, but I like peripheral vision. The only reason I'd go 3rd person in a game is when I can't see enough to either side of me to maneuver well, like when racing in Maximum Tune Midnight 3. With 1st person in that, you can't see either side of you, though 3rd person lacks the rear view mirror of 1st person.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

Most likely I'd stay the same(hopefully). I'd hate to think that viewing myself from the third person would change my personality and morals.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it would change my personality to the extreem, but it would affect some of the choices i'd make in daily live tho. Imagine picking out clothes with that kind of thing, you wouldnt be able to see yer eyes but would be able to see which clothes seems to look better from another person's perspective as it were. I imagine looking from behind can affect the way you judge risks etc, so i might be willing to jump over that wall of spikes when i first wouldnt even think of it. If i end up being wrong and hurt myself, i'd stil feel pain and regret tho, so even with that thing on i probably wouldnt try it again.

I'd say its the same as other similar moral questions, ultimatly it depends a great deal on how easily the person in question can be affected and how far he's willing to go. Hence there would be extreem cases but they would prolly be far from the majority of the total percentage of users.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2