+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Like them enough to buy their albums?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Like them enough to buy their albums?

[Sensory Pleasure or Cyber lounge]

Most people nowadays love to download and "sample" their favorite songs for an extended amount of time. Just want to see for you folks if there is any artist or artists that you like enough to actually fork the money out to buy their albums. And for those artist(s), do you still download and sample their latest works first or do you simply buy it without listening first?

----------
    In order to include those people who buy all their music, the question for you is: Do you sample still before buying? And, any artist(s) that make you go out of your way (lining up in the cold, pre-ordering) to buy the album and/or limited editions?

----------

And finally if you someone who download all your music regardless of who it is, then this thread is not for you.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Like them enough to buy their albums?

If I heard the song befor somewhere like on tv or the radio i would download that only song but if i cant find it i would actually fork over the money for the entire album or single
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres a phew favourite bands that i follow loyaly, I never miss out on buying theyre albums. I like to have the album itself and the artwork with it stacked on some shelf in my room, not only because i feel it represents a part of what i like and who i am, but simply because im more satisfied if i do have them.

Usually whenever theres a new album you can find a phew short audio fragments on they're website, if those sound good i more often then not proceed to simply buy the entire album. (for those fav artists that is)

As for the rest of the music industry, if i like something a bit then i tend to "sample" more.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually download and then buy. There's a few bands I do this to, preordering is greatl, because a countless number of times they send me free stuff as well. I've also begun collecting vinyl for bands that I truly love.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I do sample before I purchase.

I generally will preview the album online... If I like it, I'll buy it factory press. ((Especially if it's a band/musician I really want to support))

I hate having the situation where I only like one song on the whole album. (T_T) Or, if I listen to album, and only like a few songs, I will buy a single. ^_^

Sometimes I do just download, but not often - That's a moment where I'm being lazy and cheap. ^_~

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to be downloading from a p2p person back when i didnt care.

A couple of years back, i went back and bought those albums.
    If theres a band i really admire, (In Flames!!!!!) I will not even download the released single and wait until the album hits the shelves. Even going back to buy thier really early stuff that i could get from the net, thats how far i'd go for a band i really love.

Like anyone, if theres a one-trick pony band out there, and they're worth downloading a few songs. not WHOLE albums i will do it. illegal?., maybe, buts its money saving for ME!

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

most people nowadays think why buy the albums if we can download it? generally thats what i think!

But yes i do buy their albums because sometimes you can't find the song oyur looking for only on the shelves of the store,

"Dad,"
    "Yes son?"
    "Can i borrow $5.00"

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely. I'm a huge "collector", and I'll buy whatever I like. I'll even buy stuff I don't like, as long as it's by an artist I *sort of* like, or if the album's got a pretty cover,
    or if it's limited edition stuff that I can um, show off. Haha. That being said, I don't really sample stuff, but if I do happen to come across them by chance, I will sample. I
    don't believe in downloading whole albums, since that's hardly sampling, and I feel that if a person supports an artist enough to get their entire album, they should at least
    give them some credit by forking out money instead of taking all their songs for free. Not that it makes a huge difference when you talk about huge performers like Utada
    Hikaru (who commands the highest salary in all of Japan) or Christina Aguilera, but the more people download, the more of a habit it becomes, and that WILL affect smaller-
    scale artists. I myself have downloads up on an mp3 rotation site, but my policy is to always only upload ONE song per album, and I generally keep track of what I have up
    so I don't upload more songs from the same album.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast