+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Like them enough to buy their albums?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Like them enough to buy their albums?

I download samples mostly first then only if i liked them i would buy the album online .. so that's it for me ..
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Iron Maiden. I just buy there music without sampling it first, though recently all my cds were stolen so I have to start all over.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    [Sensory Pleasure or Cyber lounge]

Most people nowadays love to download and "sample" their favorite songs for an extended amount of time. Just want to see for you folks if there is any artist or artists that you like enough to actually fork the money out to buy their albums. And for those artist(s), do you still download and sample their latest works first or do you simply buy it without listening first?

----------
    In order to include those people who buy all their music, the question for you is: Do you sample still before buying? And, any artist(s) that make you go out of your way (lining up in the cold, pre-ordering) to buy the album and/or limited editions?

----------
    I always sample if it's a new group I'm learning about. Money is money after all and it doesn't grow on trees where I'm standing. XD;

I don't buy a CD unless I know I'll cry because of their greatness in one of their concerts. Other than that, I download most of the time. So to support a group financially, they'd have to really move me.

ಥ__ಥ

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cinlilly View Post
    I always sample if it's a new group I'm learning about. Money is money after all and it doesn't grow on trees where I'm standing. XD;

I don't buy a CD unless I know I'll cry because of their greatness in one of their concerts. Other than that, I download most of the time. So to support a group financially, they'd have to really move me.
    also may i point out that it is sometimes very hard to find an album, cheap (sale price, not E-BAY price) and it is much quicker to download thats why it's so popular to do this. However...it is right to buy the album but usually i tend to download most of my songs it's quicker and i have eventually found a downloadable site that isn't
     click to show spoiler
    (well...)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    also may i point out that it is sometimes very hard to find an album, cheap (sale price, not E-BAY price) and it is much quicker to download thats why it's so popular to do this. However...it is right to buy the album but usually i tend to download most of my songs it's quicker and i have eventually found a downloadable site that isn't
     click to show spoiler
    (well...)
    Definitely, though most of us have done long-term sampling . But if you truly want to support an artist or group (not that they aren't filthy rich already) instead of buying their albums you go to their concerts. I heard that that is where they make the biggest chunk of their income. Albums only give them a small fraction.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

It's true that the albums themselves are very expensive, but their concerts are just outrageous. XD; I myself was looking at some tickets. The cheapest were obviously on the lawn, but for about $100. |: That's about two months of school lunch, if I estimated that correctly in my head, lol. But the seats that we're getting are around 300. x_X

XD So yeah, concerts better make them the most chunk of their income.

._. Uh, but yes. Downloading seems to be the best choice for me as well. XD Gotta save up for them tickets anyway.

ಥ__ಥ

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well it all depends on what i will use the cd for.

yes there are some bands that i like that i will buy, but i check their new music on either myspace or youtube, so i get to see what they sound like in their new way.

then i may buy their CD or make a mix of my own. it all depends on the band.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3