+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach AX 07 Dissapointment....

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Long Beach AX 07 Dissapointment....

It is day 1 of the AX 07 and maybe too soon to show dissapointment, but there are several factors that may ruin this years expo.

Fisrt and as allways the granddaddy of past AX problems (and this year no exception) was the registration line... Pre registered it took me nearly 4 hours just to get the plastic batch-holder. The line was outside the convention center so the heat was terrible.

The LBCC is not really suited for this size conventions, too small and the layout is just plain confusing.

Due to the convention center size the pannels got really reduced.

SKIN Concert 2 hours delayed and not sold-out (they gave free tickets to fill the arena).

Dealers room layour just terrible, no words to describe it....

So far the organization part lacks compared to previous years, but attendees are good as always. Will see if the next days are better....

Edit: I posted a couple pictures of the event in the gallery, will post more tomorrow...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    It is day 1 of the AX 07 and maybe too soon to show dissapointment, but there are several factors that may ruin this years expo.

Fisrt and as allways the granddaddy of past AX problems (and this year no exception) was the registration line... Pre registered it took me nearly 4 hours just to get the plastic batch-holder. The line was outside the convention center so the heat was terrible.

The LBCC is not really suited for this size conventions, too small and the layout is just plain confusing.

Due to the convention center size the pannels got really reduced.

SKIN Concert 2 hours delayed and not sold-out (they gave free tickets to fill the arena).

Dealers room layour just terrible, no words to describe it....

So far the organization part lacks compared to previous years, but attendees are good as always. Will see if the next days are better....

Edit: I posted a couple pictures of the event in the gallery, will post more tomorrow...
    Man I wish I logged on earlier...I just got to San Pedro 15 mins ago and planning to make tomorrow my first day...hopefully I have a better experience than you do Gall.

Edit: Yeah i had a pretty tough day today...it wasn't that good...
    Last edited by Legend; Jun 30, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Long Beach AX 07 Dissapointment....

yeah, I think its always been rather lacking, im suprised they havent tried to move it to Anaheim or the LA convention center, both are much bigger and more well laid out areas...
    Don't Panic

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually the past three years it was held in the anaheim convention center, but this year the ACC was booked for another con, so they have to do it in the Long beach Convention Center...

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm explains that reason the last time i went was like 4years ago....okies...well i hope that they find something else other than the LBC next year...
    Don't Panic

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

My day actually turned out better since this afternoon. Still I gotta say it is pretty unorganized. This is my first year there but for all the event to have a lot of standing in between is ridiculous, feel like I'm playing baseball. Saw some great great cosplayers, so once I get back home I can upload the pics I have...unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of Wendee Lee and that guy who did black ranger from way back because of the dark room...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

True, saturday was a better day now that I'm familiar with the layout.... I liked the blood+ pannel, the actors where fun as hell...

Thanks

When it was back in Anaheim, was all the video's room in the same place or do they spread it out like they did this year spreading it around in the hotels around it??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast