+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Long distance relationships

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    thanks and good luck t you too. yes i am happy and so is he. and we are planning to meet sooner then you think.

hey that rhymed.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris's Avatar
    UK, come on you obviously know were in the UK
    Thanks
    Well for a start, u have to be really sure its wot ya wanna, I mean think bout livin in long distance a relastionship, wen ya should visit eachother, an how much ya shoulkd visit eachother, cause really bein together keeps a partnership alive, heplin eachother get through the hard times is what a it's all about lookin after each other, so its not easy but the trust always has 2 be there.

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks
    Oooh doggy, Long distance relationships, eh?

Well let's see here, I can't truly say online relationships are bad, but you do need to be planning on moving near eachother for it to truly work. Love can you get through for a while but eventually, well it just gets hard to be far away from someone you love.

Beyond that Sasurai seems to be in the right of it.

Oh yeah, and do be careful when you do meet someone even if you've been in a 'relaionship' with them meet 'em in a public place.

Beyond that, good luck with long-distance romance, which is by far the hardest to do.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, they can work.

Barronmore and I were in a long distance relationship where we didn't see each other for two years. Obviously it worked out just fine.

The key word there is "work". A long distance relationship is alot of work. People change over time and when you don't see them on a regular basis you don't realize how much until you do. The next thing you know you find out you're strangers or you never really knew them in the first place. There is also the matter of trust. Both people have to be the kind that can be trusted and are willing to trust the other.

How did Barronmore and I do it? Constant communication. We wrote each other constantly (no internet option at that time) about everything that was happening to us. After two years not only weren't we strangers we had gotten to know each other even better.

In essence it requires commitment. The kind of commitment you need to keep any relationship alive.

On the plus side there are some things that are easier in a long distance relationship. You're less likely to fight over trivial little things and personal habits won't drive you bonkers.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think long distance relationship only works when two people are in love. I mean, REALLY deep in love with each other, and have a trustworthy relationship, then it'll last. If you dont have trust, it wont last longer. I'm currently in one and I give him my complete trust. =) Just don't go around cheating. If you ever get hit on, just tell them "Sorry but I'm not interested in getting hit on." Some guys still hit on me...
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    LoL. I don't think any of us knows what love really is. There are so many feelings we can liken to love, but in truth we don't know. I know the only true love I've ever felt came from God. And receiving it gave me the best feeling in the world.

Love is pretty much indescribable. But you can sometimes tell if it's "genuine" or not. It's not lust, like princesslady said; it's something that runs much, much deeper. And I personally think that the love I have for the guy I have a crush on right now is not very different to the love I have for my best friends. They're all very dear to me, and I want to support them in any way I can for the rest of my life, and be with them as much as possible. If you ask me why, I don't think I'll be able to give you a better reason than, "I love them."

Yeah, space is good - often when I'm around certain people too much I start getting into arguments with them... which is probably why my LDRs lasted for quite a long time. We called each other fortnightly, and e-mailed each other whenever we could. And it was like he never left at all - in a sense. I wasn't that upset about not being able to see his face; there's more to a relationship than just seeing people all the time.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Long distance relationship is not an ideal way 2 find love but friends.Dats how i c it.I mean,come on.U sent each other messages via the internet 2 find out wat is happening 2 dat certain person n so on.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think you've got the wrong idea. People usually start going out before they get separated. Rarely is there a case where you're apart and then the relationship begins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast