+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Long distance relationships

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My long distance relationship laster 3 years. It started when I was 15 and ended when I was 18. In the end he made me chose between moving away from my family and giving up my religion and him...so I waved goodbye. Until then I would write him an e-mail every day before bed, and he would write back before his. We played computer games together, chatted online everyday, saw eachother twice a year for about 2 weeks each time, talked on the phone. It was heavenly. It was constant attention from him and even more we talked about EVERYTHING. There was nothing he didn't know about me, good or bad. There was nothing I didn't know about him, good or bad.

In the end, we both changed considerably just from being teens. As sad as it is to say, I lost my best friend the day we broke up. However once he went to college...he suddenly stopped coming online. I'd sit there day in and day out waiting for him to come online...or send an e-mail. While he wasn't dating anyone irl or anything, he made experimenting irl his priority. I wasn't okay with being ignored. So...if you chose to have a long distance relationship, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the computer.

Anyway, it's very possible. My brother dated online and eventually married the woman who he loves very much and has two kids with. For a gamer like I am, it's the ideal relationship anyway, one that can easily lead to a happy marriage with two computers and an internet connection for each. Whatever people tell you, I can say that all of mine have been very positive experiences...just as good as the ones I've had irl.

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks
    blue,

the thing is with this here intraweb thing, the reverse happens much more often then you'd think. Almost all of my friends have had a long-distance relationship with someone they met online. (several of them not for long but that's another story.) These days net relationships happen with some frequency.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I can say that at least with mine, it wasn't unheard of but it was totally unpopular. The kids at my school couldn't BELIEVE I'd be dating someone I'd never met irl and tried more often than not to get me to date one of my friends. *she laughs* Thinking back I almost feel like a revolutionary of teen internet dating. *snickers* Nice to know I got the last laugh.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know a few people who are married that met on the net. It's really not that new a thing though it's just the medium that is new. There have always been those who went off to marry people they corresponded with through letters or friends... and they've always been considered nutters by others.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf's Avatar
    got stuck in a middle of a forest and stayed
    Thanks
    long distance wants you to make who this person is and what they really look like or who they really are, do they take drugs, drink beer, or simply being with another girl or instance
    /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x307f90.tmp.nUlCWX/Photo 4.jpghttp://img379.imageshack.us/img379/232/noobclanks5.gif

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Long distance relationships

sadly most long distance relationships dont last.

I believe however, that if you both truly love one another, it wouldnt matter how long you would have to wait because you would want to just for that person.

Thats how i feel with my gf. If she or I were to go away....i would trust in the fact that she loves me enough to not let it affect out relationship. I know i do.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Long distance relationship can work out.Wat it really needs is the ppl involve 2 not lose interest in each other

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie View Post
    Long distance relationship can work out.Wat it really needs is the ppl involve 2 not lose interest in each other
    exactly ^^. If the two people are devoted enough to one another then they should be able to overcome something as simple as distance.

But it does depend on the people sometimes. Some people grow apart from others when away for too long, while other people will hold true to the friendship/relationship no matter how far away they are or how little they see of them in person.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast