+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Long distance relationships

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Long distance relationships

While I have been in a sucessful long distance relationship I will add that if you are not willing to commit to staying in constant contact so that you can know the other person as they change and grow (and visa versus) then a long distance relationship is a mistake.

I have known a few like that. Being faithful is not enough if the person you are involved with is a stranger and getting married to them at that point is a huge mistake. I had someone tell me just that when she had been married 3 months (I was 16). Everthing else I have seen has confirmed it. Do not commit yourself to a stranger. Do not remove yourself from the social scene unless you and they are both willing to do what is necessary so that you don't become strangers. If you find you have, break it off immediately.

Just my humble opinion.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    How did Barronmore and I do it? Constant communication. We wrote each other constantly (no internet option at that time) about everything that was happening to us. After two years not only weren't we strangers we had gotten to know each other even better.

In essence it requires commitment. The kind of commitment you need to keep any relationship alive.

On the plus side there are some things that are easier in a long distance relationship. You're less likely to fight over trivial little things and personal habits won't drive you bonkers.
    That's exactly what I was told by my parents when I asked how they were able to maintain their relationship, Arrianna-sami. They kept in touch through love letters - I think that's truly romantic, just like yours. ^_^

Words of truth, your last words were on that post. ::thumbs up::

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I think long distance relationships can work, it depends. I mean I'm in a long distance relationship myself. The guy I'm with live only two states over from me. I can trust him and he can trust me. We love each other
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Newbie helldeathskater may be famous one day helldeathskater may be famous one day helldeathskater's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i was in a relation ship when i came to this country. I priviously lived in Korea and Russia. We had a grait time. I actually dated her for 3 years. After a year i was in this country i went to Korea to meet her probably for summer. I had a lot of fun and i had a lot of friends that went to school with me gf in korea so they actually look after her and keeped her out of trouble. This is my 4 year in this country and now i am dating that girl for 5 years not but last year when i went back to Russia bc have of my friends had a party for me bc of my birth day. Well i invited some of my friends form korea but my gf couldnt come bc her parents wouldnt let her. So when i cam to the party and it was fun but in the end everybody fell a sleep so they went to all me guest rooms. But there were like 300-315 people so i had to put everybody by three in each room and i dint care what they will do but it will be theit foult if they do someting that they will regreat and it will be none of my busness. Well i was room with me friedns and they actually invited like 3 girls bc for each of use when the girls came my firends said that it will be my birthday present. Those girls were half naked and then some of my other friends came in and they saw me and i think you would emagin what happens next. Then my gf found out and i was mad bc of my damn friends told on me and it was crazy after that. I had to go to Korea and talk to her and we actually forgot about that and she understood about that. So i am stil dating her and we are happy about that and her parents thinking about getting me married with tey daughter. The same goes for my parents too.
    HELLDEATHSKATER

Newbie Albireo may be famous one day Albireo may be famous one day
    Thanks

I would like to try a long distance relationship to see how it would work out. I mean being in the army now its almost as though the only kind of relationships I can have are long distance ones so I would like to try one to see how it would work out.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

the same with me. its kind of hard to even start a relationship when u hardley get to see that person let along keep it lasting even though ur 1000 miles apart

MICHIERU RULES ALL

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HieisLove View Post
    I think long distance relationships can work, it depends. I mean I'm in a long distance relationship myself. The guy I'm with live only two states over from me. I can trust him and he can trust me. We love each other
    LoL, two states isn't that far. You can still visit each other on weekends. My first LDR was with a guy who studied in Melbourne U. And if that wasn't far enough, my next one was with a guy who went to Stanford. >__> Sheeeesh. And the next one was with someone who went to BU (Boston). Now I'm in love with someone who's studying in Wesleyan (CT). Yeesh! Maybe I was fated to be in long-distance relationships all my life.

Newbie Vassago may be famous one day Vassago may be famous one day Vassago's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they're completely stupid.
    I gave my heart.
    My blood.

Nothing is forever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast