+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: long distance relationships

Newbie LustandLunacy667 is off to a good start LustandLunacy667's Avatar
    Thanks

long distance relationships

what do you people think of online and/or long distance relationships? Do you think they could work? Anyone in one? I am kind of sort of (it's a long story that is hard to explain) and we live in different countries but its all good and we are both saving up money so that he can come here ^_^
    Lust And Lunacy

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: long distance relationships

I think they can work... but most of them don't.

People like to lie about who they are, what they've accomplished, etc. It's too easy on the internet. People who engage in online relationships tend to be incredibly immature and more prone to fantasy (both creating it and believing it). I can count the relationships I've seen work based on online meetings on one hand... and all of them have been between experienced adults who were more or less honest about themselves.

I'm pretty sure I can write a book about the people I've known who had online relationships tank, have played pranks on others by pretending to be entirely different people, rp their lives away as fictional characters in fictional romances or have been the victim of an online boyfriend or girlfriend lying about their location/abilities/gender/job/etc.

Online relationships are a bad idea.

Meet the real thing before you commit to anything remotely romantic. And do your homework. Don't believe everything you hear just because you want to.

Otaku Sakura Uchiha is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with tsurara.
    If they a totally honest then it can work.
    But you can never really trust anyone you dont meet in person

Don't trust me....

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LustandLunacy667 View Post
    what do you people think of online and/or long distance relationships? Do you think they could work? Anyone in one? I am kind of sort of (it's a long story that is hard to explain) and we live in different countries but its all good and we are both saving up money so that he can come here ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I think they can work... but most of them don't.

People like to lie about who they are, what they've accomplished, etc. It's too easy on the internet. People who engage in online relationships tend to be incredibly immature and more prone to fantasy (both creating it and believing it). I can count the relationships I've seen work based on online meetings on one hand... and all of them have been between experienced adults who were more or less honest about themselves.

I'm pretty sure I can write a book about the people I've known who had online relationships tank, have played pranks on others by pretending to be entirely different people, rp their lives away as fictional characters in fictional romances or have been the victim of an online boyfriend or girlfriend lying about their location/abilities/gender/job/etc.

Online relationships are a bad idea.

Meet the real thing before you commit to anything remotely romantic. And do your homework. Don't believe everything you hear just because you want to.
    Agreed ,i think the whole idea is quite risky ... because i think 90% of such relationships are built at first with a small growing lie ... but that doesn't mean that it can't happen actually it can but with rather less chances of the both sides being true about themselves and their feelings ...
    and so i hope yours LustandLunacy667 is true of his side as it is of yours
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

i can truly believe that they can and do work out sometimes but i know form experience that they dont always work out due to lies. as a matter of fact, i'm currently in an online relationship i guess you could say. it's a mix between online and long distance because when i'm in the states she'll be about 9 and a half hours away from me. we do plan on meeting when i get back though so it wont be long distance for long. i know she's completely honest with me and i can tell that we're going to work simply because she's honest with me. one of my co-workers introduced me to her while we where depoyed and i've seen pictures of her and talked to her on the phone and chatted with her through AIM and things of that nature but as far as meeting her, hasn't happened yet.the co-worker who introduced us used to live 5 mins from her house so i have a good reliable source and i can honestly say i'm happy to be with her. she's helped me through some very tought times over the past 9 months. i've gotten to know a lot about her and her behavior even before meeting her but like i said earlier, internet dating is risky and doesn't always work because both sides aren't always honest. i hope in your case that you're both honest with eachother that way you two can be happy together.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

I do believe that online relationships can work as long as, like everyone else has said, the two people are honest, responsible, and mature people. If not then it is more than likely something that will never work.

As for long distance relationships, I believe they also can work, but the two people need to also have the characteristics as the ones I stated above along with faithfulness and trust. If you don't have good trust and faith in each other then it would never work, because every minute of every second you would be wondering whether or not the other was cheating on you or not.

Long distance relationships are hard, I can say that. Being able to hug, kiss, and hold hands and stuff of that sort that you use to show affection cannot be used over the phone, nor over a keyboard. It's also hard to get to know how someone acts, thinks, and behaves over a keyboard and phone. I would only suggest it if you have a load of tolerance, patience, maturity, and you actually intend on meeting one day and moving to that next level.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

yea... i believe in long distance relationship can works but the most important thing is you must trust each other and never lie... be true.. don't lie.... this is for those who already knoe each other. but if those who know each other from the internet, they can form a relationship but thy have to be them self. don't try to pretend like sumone else. thats bad if the another person found out bout youre lying...
    i got a friend whos now hvng long relationship with her bf. they can only meet once in a year. its aleady 4 years and they are still a loving couple. they trust each other.... see, the relationship id depend on the way you keep it good. got to be smart for that...
    most of the ppl cant keep their relation good when far cause theyre not concentratng on one..... hrm...
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to believe in long distant relationship...but the statistics show that around 95 % of them do not....
    Definitely trust is a major issue here...how do you know that the other person is not seeing anyone while they supposedly are going out with you...and how do you know that they are not lying about everything to you.........
    The two people have to have mutual respect between each other......and I think being in a long distant relationship is taking a very big risk...and you have to believe more what your heart tells you then your head...
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast