+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: long distance relationships

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: long distance relationships

Meh, even if the two are completely honest with each other, I still think that it wouldn't work. Why??? Because what if the person you were in the relationship is a good liar and lied about all the stuff he/she told you? What if the person you were HOPEING to meet ends up having a stupid luagh, or whears the ugliest of cloaths? I would say that you should stay as far away from long distance relationships as you can, because you never know what could happen, good OR bad.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

I do but then again I do not agree that they do not work. Me and my girlfriend we met here on AO but then over Christmas Break we met in person. She is one in a million!!!! yes the statistics are rare, however I belive that once you have met that person, and confirmed that everything is how they said it was, and if you keep in contact with them, heck when I have min on my phone I do not get off the damn thing with her. lol. anyways they can work and they sometimes dont work, however, I belive that it is risky, however, when you meet things can change. sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

they can work.
    my first and only one didn't work only cause they guy cheated on me so i was like ok you and me are over all that good stuff.
    but i do know a couple that have worked. And they are still together to this day and they met online. and they have met each other. lucky them.

but yea its really a matter of if they both are willing to stay together through everything even though they cant see each other much.

so it can work.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

ok, I have seen a few people just jump into an online relationship and thing its just something to stop you from being lonely. Its still a form of a relationship, if you really want to be loved then I suggest just being on your own because people still have feelings and if you just use them like that then there isn't a point to anything you do.

I have been in a long distance relationship for a year and three months. I was able to go and see him last summer and I am so glad I did because just seeing him in real life made me love him even more and want to stay with him. Of course if people know me then I am not one to jump into a relationship like that without knowing the person. So it took my boyfriend and I two years to really get to know each other before realizing how we felt and we have never looked back.

I do know a few people here on AO who are long distance and they are doing well, it just surprises me some people's reasons for starting a long distance/online relationship.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see that most of you think it's almost impossible and it will end up breaking. And to tell you the truth, I was like that too...Until Evita, a friend of mine met a amazing guy over the internet and started to love eachother...

One of them is a girl in my class named Evita. She played this online RPG called Tibia or something. She met this guy online called Mauricio he lives in Chili, and we live in Holland. They started talking online and later it turns out to calling in stuff. Now Evita wasn't sure about the feeling that she had, but he was already having a crush on her. She thought it wouldn't work anyway (just like most people) and she would turn out to be hurt and lonely.

Even so, he was confident that she was special and decided to meet up with her here in Holland to show her it's the real deal. So after a year of talking online (msn, phone, webcam, picture sharing) he came here to Holland to meet Evita. And it really clicked, he was honest and she was too... they fell deeply in love and started a long distance relationship. She's with him over 2 years now and they're doing great. From time to time they travel over to Chili or here... and it works completely fine since they're totally in love.

Mauricio is trying to get on a University here to live here with Evita (my friends name XD). He's here right now for 3 months, doing some exams to enter the University. It's awsome to see them together... never thought something like that could be real. They are truly happy... and it turns out that even long distance relationships, if you love and trust eachother enough, and dare to take risks in life... can truly work out just fine.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, for me 99.99% of the relationships online don't work. Added to that if they are in big distance for me there is no way it can work. As tsurara said people over internet can lie and what not. However a distance relationship is a little different (specially if you know the person -not online but in reality-). If the person was first a great friend, then there is the great posibility that the relationship will work. But everything at baby steps. if one tries to run while starting to walk one is going to fall.
    But in a distance relationship the cool thing is that the communication skills grow more. I mean, if you spend some quality time speaking on the phone and seeing each other whenever both can. It is very very nice... but as I said if you know the person from before. By internet... NEXT!! lol
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku BAUTIFULSOUL is off to a good start BAUTIFULSOUL's Avatar
    Thanks

umm i would like to believe online relationships would work. trust me i was foolish enough to actually be in one (i was so stupid) anyways i broke it off because it finally occured to me how would i know if he actually liked me and if he is going out with someone where he is?. see there is so much things that run through your head when your in an online relationship...which is why they mostly never work out and i agree with elvin you never know if they are lieing about themselves to you...so how do you know if you can trust them? but if you trust him than everything is up to you.

IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY, YOU CAN HEAR MY HEART BEATING FOR YOU.
    THIS BEAUTIFUL SIG MADE BY LASURA=D

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Long-distance relationships can work, but only if the people in them are willing to suffer a lot of drama. In todays world online dating is becoming more and more common....but not quite socially acceptable in some cases. I am in a online relationship now. It has its complications here and there, but I am dead serious about making it work out in the end no matter what it takes.
    A lot of people might see that as foolish, but tell me something I have not heard yet XD.
    Like I was saying though online or long distance relationships can work.....and they have some advantages also. You really get to know the person for who they are deep down. I know that people can easily lie over the internet, so the base of the relationship is all about trust and having faith in each other.
    Most cases it is hard for people to put so much truth and faith into someone they have never seen...that is why I lot of them do not work out (also because in some cases the people in them are actually cheating)......I guess that is all I have to say about that....my head hurts now haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast