+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: long distance relationships

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: long distance relationships

Its too difficult 4 most to deal with. There is no physical attraction. You never get to have sex or any other physical contact. And yes it is important.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    Its too difficult 4 most to deal with. There is no physical attraction. You never get to have sex or any other physical contact. And yes it is important.
    is that all what you care about? if she/he turned to be the biggest lier but with attraction would you accept that?
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

I think long distance relationships can work. But I am also agreeing with people when they say it doesn't work as well. I think they can work if both people are honest and stay true with their gf/bf. But it can't work because of lieing and cheating. In the end one person will be hurt. But thats in all relationships. So long distance can work but they aren't perfect.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: long distance relationships

i think what he's trying to say is that physical attraction accounts for a very important part of keeping a relationship going. it isn't everything but it is important. it can be what seperates the girl you love like a sister from the girl you love with everything you are. without physical attraction there is nothing to keep you 100% honest or faithful unless you have an indominatble will to be with someone. most relationships consist of 2 parts emotional and 1 part physical. (there are other things that factr in but most fit into these catgories) without that third slice you only have a partial truth. until you find that relationship that can become whole you'll feel frusterated and at times you'll question yourself about why you're in the relationship. sure, sometimes you think about it for a few seconds and then think " man, i'm an idiot... he/she loves me and i love them so i don't need any other reasons." but not always. even in nature physical attraction plays a large part in a relationship between animals. i know they're animals and not humans or anything but what i'm saying is that nature intended us to look for the physical beauty as well as the emotional and spiritual beauty in our mates. and to be honest, anyone who's in a relationship that they're not worried about physical attraction is either lieing to everyone around them or to everyone around them and themselves. sometimes we can sacrifice the "perfect" body for the mind and soul of our significant other but nature intended us to look for the attractive, healthy looking mates we tend to want. it's in our genetics. if you're in a long distance or online relationship and you're not concerned about the other person's physical appearance then you might as well date a rock. if you're in that kind of relationship you've either had their attractiveness confirmed witha picture/webcam or you're just afraid of being alone so anything that seems like a relationship is somewhat comforting and you're lieing to yourself and everyone around you includeing the person you're "going out with" because you do not intend to be with that person forever.

call me idealistic but the way i see it, if you're in a relationship, you're in it to make it work and explore that person's life and share yours with them to see if they could potentialy become your partner for life. i mean isn't the goal of all relationships to find the person you're "meant" to be with? if an online relationship or a long distance relationship is anything other than an attempt at getting to know someone who you're mentally and physically attracted to then i would have to recomend you end it now. online and long distance relationships can work as long as you're honest and trusting as well as faithful and sincere. you have to put your all into them because otherwise you'll faulter and you or your "significant other" will end up getting hurt. that is unless of course neither of you are in the relationship for the right reasons.

as i said before, physical is something we can make sacrifices on because we know that our ideas of the "perfect" mate are unrealistic in most cases and we can settle for a downgrade. it doesn't mean that that person is anything less than perfect it just means it's not what you where looking for which was probably one of the calvin kline male modles or a victoria's secret modle. (as far as physical goes) in all reality the people who get married and have kids and live long lives together are usually happy but if you ask any of them they'll tell you that in the start, they wheren't looking for the person they ended up with. so physical attraction is a factor just not a major factor. it usually plays the biggest role when you start looking for that person you want to spend your life with. you find the personality and the emotional person you want to spend yur life with after the smokin hot body begins to fade away with time. you find the person who's going to keep you happy in old age when their bodies no longer play a role in your relationship. ( usually when you've reached the top of the hill and have a few kids, if you wanted any to begin with, and they're usually out of the house by this time because after you've had your kids and carried on your name's legacy the physical attraction doesn't matter as much anymore. by then they're usually so beautiful in your eyes that you love them anyways. love isn't always a first sight type thing and it always grows stronger over time if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    is that all what you care about? if she/he turned to be the biggest lier but with attraction would you accept that?
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dustin scott For This Useful Post:

Hoods (Feb 19, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt it would work, for starters, the couple really can't go out somewhere for dinner or a movie, and one partner could lie and use a different face that is better looking than their own, just to impress and the only thing they could do is send presents
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

No I wouldn't accept them if there is attraction but they are a liar. At the same time time there are no realtionships worth being in with all honesty and no physical attraction. That would be a friend.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Tsurara. Most online relationships are nothing more than a farce, a front, a charade, a facade... Whatever you wanna call it, they're bogus. There ARE the rare gems though. There are relationships that are long distance/online that are sincere and honest. If you are in a long distance/online relationship and it's been working for ya, more power to ya. I personally have a big problem trusting most people, so I have to use caution about who I share my inner-most thoughts and secrets with. I also like to--as Tsurara-kun put it--do my homework. I'm a big people watcher, so if you are tryin' to run some game on me and I know you've got accounts elsewhere, I'm gonna make sure that you're not fake. I'll know wheter or not you're tellin' me the truth or not. I know people who will claim to be one thing on MySpace and the other on Facebook, while being a completely different person on LiveJournal. I know people who will have you thinkin' they're the hottest female on the planet--they even know how to type/speak in a manner that will make you think they're of the opposite gender--and you'd never know unless you were watchin' them send the IM. Hell, I used to have this guy think I was an Asian girl, just to get back at him for callin' me all sorts of racist slurs! Man was he embarrassed.

So, I wouldn't advise of online dating, unless you already know the person or know enough to build a foundation of trust upon.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    No I wouldn't accept them if there is attraction but they are a liar. At the same time time there are no realtionships worth being in with all honesty and no physical attraction. That would be a friend.
    that's True ,and thanks dustin scott for the post above ,i know that but Hood's post seemed a bit oddy when i read it that time ... anyway it's settled then ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast