+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: long distance relationships

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: long distance relationships

They can work, but they take quite a bit of effort. I've only ever been in one LDR - it didn't start off as an LDR, because when we first started going out we were still living in the same neighborhood, but then he left for Stanford and it was quite upsetting. We kept the LDR going for almost a year - and it wasn't particularly difficult on either of our parts (I think) because we weren't a very lovey-dovey couple to begin with. We were just like really good friends, so it's not like I cried myself to sleep every night when he was away. The reason we broke it off is that neither of us felt like it was a proper relationship, and it was kind of funny because I told him that I wanted him to concentrate on his college work, and he said he'd like me to just focus on finishing high school with flying colors (haha, don't we sound nerdy)... and we're still really good friends now! During the course of the LDR we exchanged loads of emails and talked via Skype. It didn't really feel any different than when he was around......

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes long distance relationships are kinda not very good.
    person to person relationships are better and again it's all based on trust.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well I dont think like is impossible, but is really hard, I cant imagine mayself in love for someone I cant touch or see next to me every day...Its really hard

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    They can work, but they take quite a bit of effort. I've only ever been in one LDR - it didn't start off as an LDR, because when we first started going out we were still living in the same neighborhood, but then he left for Stanford and it was quite upsetting. We kept the LDR going for almost a year - and it wasn't particularly difficult on either of our parts (I think) because we weren't a very lovey-dovey couple to begin with. We were just like really good friends, so it's not like I cried myself to sleep every night when he was away. The reason we broke it off is that neither of us felt like it was a proper relationship, and it was kind of funny because I told him that I wanted him to concentrate on his college work, and he said he'd like me to just focus on finishing high school with flying colors (haha, don't we sound nerdy)... and we're still really good friends now! During the course of the LDR we exchanged loads of emails and talked via Skype. It didn't really feel any different than when he was around......
    Yeah, that's kinda how my last LDR was. I was about eighteen (wow ten years ago!) and I had enlisted in the US Army. Well, I had got engaged to a girl I was with at the time and we wrote, emailed and talked on the phone as often as possible. After my training, I came home for a month and we even got a marriage license. Well, I had to leave again, but we had picked a wedding date and everything. I got to Hawaii in January and we were to be married in June. 'Round February, the calls stopped becoming frequent, the letters practically stopped and we were becoming more and more distant. Eventually, she would call it off, saying, "Well don't you feel like you're single?"

I wasn't gonna argue about something that made sense, so despite how my heart felt, my mind knew she was right. I wanted her to be happy and that meant sacrifice. I haven't had a LDR since then. I probably never will again, but who knows? Some people are worth it.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Long distance relationships do work. I'm living proof of that. Its a little hard at first but once you get used to it, its very fulfilling. Also it lets you get to know a person really well without always being in their face or constantly around them. Which can be a good thing and then a bad thing at the same time...

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Mar 15, 2008)

Newbie Sesshy0 is off to a good start Sesshy0's Avatar
    Thanks

Internet relationships.[How do you feel about them]

How do you feel about internet relationships.Is it a load of crap,or is it better then some real-life relationships?
    "Calling your name, kill me with words.
    Forget about me, it's what I deserve.
    I was your chance out of your town."

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Long distance relationships do work. I'm living proof of that. Its a little hard at first but once you get used to it, its very fulfilling. Also it lets you get to know a person really well without always being in their face or constantly around them. Which can be a good thing and then a bad thing at the same time...
    Thank you very much for your post.
    I too am living proof that long distance relationships work... And in a way, I am closer than I ever have been with my boyfriend. ^_^

I moved to California from Washington state for school... And I met my boyfriend here. We have been together for two years... And I know he's the love of my life.

He had to move to Colorado to get his life going... We both were in a training program, and we both have a lot of goals and aspirations. So he's in Colorado with his family... And I am stuck in California. It's extremely difficult. On top of that, he will be going to Pennsylvania for school in June... I will go back to Washington... We may not be able to actually be together for years.

The pain that comes with this type of long distance relationship is immense. I won't lie - It's really bloody hard. Especially after two years of being physically with each other... Seeing each other everyday... Going out and having fun together...

However~If two people love each other enough, I WILL work. Being away from him, I've been able to take a step back and see just how much we really love each other... And what we had is special. We have a connection that is so strong... It can't be broken by something as small as distance.
    I've cried a lot... But in the end, we love and trust each other enough to stay with each other, even though we are apart. I have a lot of memories of our time together, and that helps me make it through. ^_^

In regards to online relationships - Be careful. On the internet, people can be anyone they want to be... They could lie about everything! So use caution, and be sure to get to know someone very well before you meet them.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

They can work but generally they always end in missery, as well you don't know who your having a relationship with generally, their is always a banter about pedofiles and rapeists around the internet. I myself personally stick to normal physical realationships, but i must admit if i had a realationship over the internet i couldn't handle it! You wouldn't be able to meet them, kiss them, or hold their hand. It wouldn't feelt he same as if you could do all that, thats probably why if i had a realtionship over the internet it would end quickly, yes you have webcam etc. look at them but it's not the same as touching them or seeing them physically. Also comes into facts that your unsure of their true personallity, they could just be putting on an act for you and, in real life they might not be like that at all, that may be a joy that you don't know their bad sides but you should if your loving them and going out wiht them over the internet. Now if oyu have met them before and they live in somewhere like Germany and you have seen them before for a few months or somehting and know who they really are, that would be great and ok as long as your fine with it, yet still for me i couldn't stand not seeing them for a year or so. Also you tied down to your internet instead of real boys and girls, or women and men. Instead you look through a screen at them instead of being out with other people that are just around the corner. They have a weak connection and it could break at any moment, thats why i stick to normal realationships and not Internet, there are some strange people out their. Always rember that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast