View Poll Results: Is love loosing it's value?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's true! Cheating/lying/dis-honesty is common...

29 40.28%
  • No, it is the same, just some people do not know love.

30 41.67%
  • Maybe maybe not.

13 18.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

I don't think love has got to do anything with that, Shudokan. What you said is just way out of my comprehension.

Newbie NejiIsHuggable is off to a good start NejiIsHuggable's Avatar
    ummm i live in the shadows. no really. the trees make the whole yard dark.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I think theres more value put in love then there's ever been and it's quite sickening. We have valentines day, mother's and father's day, heart shaped boxes full of chocolate, roses etc.

When I went to High School they had this thing where you would pay to send a girl or boy chocolate with a real rose with a valentine message or something. I can't beleive that school would take care of those stupid teenagers like that or society taking advantage of people as a whole with this love doby crap.

Since we're kind of on the subject marriage never had anything to do with love. That's just something new they made up . Marriage is and was to secure power for yourself or family and most people had arranged marriages. You know why my mother married my father? She told me because he was nice looking, had a good education and a good job, and knew how to fix almost everything. I don't think she once said that he married him because she loved him. The've been married 36 years I think.(I'm 21 by the way) Well their marriage is at least over thirty years anyway.

My cousin married this woman at least 10 years older than her. I he's 20 something and she's 30 something. He sleeps with other 20 year olds and his wife is okay about it. People might say he shouldn't have her consent to sleep around with other people but they're happy with their marriage the way it's set up.

Anyway whats love got to do with it, got to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    I don't think love has got to do anything with that, Shudokan. What you said is just way out of my comprehension.
    O.o you hurt my brain........................
    but you speak lots of truth when i used the dictionary to help me understand

Neji hates when i hug other people.......
    he'll hit you with a hammer if he sees you....

J3W
    Newbie J3W is off to a good start J3W's Avatar
    Thanks

yes love is degraded nowadays most ppl dont know what love is and i always get cheated on or left for some other guy

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Well don't you reckon you should be careful to who you let into your life? It's not like "Alright I'll be dating you" and so on, if you do you should be ready to face the obvious.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is love and it cannot always be defined in words. However, love nowadays....depends on the people. True, it may be degrading to some degree but in this century, its not surprising to find dishonesty and cheating.
    But as i said before, it still depends on the people.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamu-hamu View Post
    Love is love and it cannot always be defined in words. However, love nowadays....depends on the people. True, it may be degrading to some degree but in this century, its not surprising to find dishonesty and cheating.
    But as i said before, it still depends on the people.
    Yeah, it depends on the people. But the actual term "love" I don't think, has lost its meaning. Yes, people these days use the word very loosely, and dishonesty and deciet are seen everywhere.. but what can one do?

Nothing.

Except to truly decide whether or not to trust that special someone, and decide if you really do "love" them.

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Rave_Grip;464154]
    Hello members of AO.

Do you guys think love nowadays has any meaning, even a little if none at all? or do you think it has been degraded because of lust, dis-loyalty and what not?
    Or is it the same as if it was before?

I personally believe it has been loosing it's value because of the changes in society. And also girlfriends are getting common nowadays, and people with girlfriends complete their needs without getting married, regardless their age.

Is it neccessary to have a girlfriend or a partner to show that you can love/are cool and so on...?

me....
    i think that love has been degraded for the simple fact that in the past it was a sin to be married for less than 25 years... now were lucky if it even lasts a year.

girlfreinds and boyfriends are really no more than friends... with benifits.

I think that it is nessary if you love and care for eachother alot... like you want to get married some day.

J3W
    Newbie J3W is off to a good start J3W's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Well don't you reckon you should be careful to who you let into your life? It's not like "Alright I'll be dating you" and so on, if you do you should be ready to face the obvious.
    yes i reckon u should be careful nowadays most "love" is fake because some1 looks good but with that they get some1 thats a total ahole or b1tch, or some1 that has alot of money so that person can bu them shiney things but dont relize in the future that person will be dirt poor cause everything was given to them till they r older thus meaning they will have to get a job. and i didnt try to make it seem like "alright ill be dating u" thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast