View Poll Results: Is love loosing it's value?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's true! Cheating/lying/dis-honesty is common...

29 40.28%
  • No, it is the same, just some people do not know love.

30 41.67%
  • Maybe maybe not.

13 18.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Wow, love. It's tough to seriously discuss a concept that not only can't be defined but is constantly being reinvented. Is love degrading? Statistically speaking, yes, because divorce rates are higher than ever. To be honest though, I think love is falsely advertised too much in fiction, and I think that relationships of the past that lasted longer were also in more simple times and more formulaic than honest, ya know? How would you guys define love?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

NO IT IS NOT!
    love is not degraded. it's just the person. they are mad they cant fnd love, maybe because of their past and that causes them to lose loves, and they seem to be salty. i say move on because their are millions of people for you that could love you better. love is not degraded and never weill be

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Me-generation
    2) Media
    3) Me-generation

1+2+3 = Duh.

Love is never easy... but for this generation, it's just been confused. As if this generation looks for love... and as far as they know, the media told them it's cheese. Now everyone wants cheese because it looks so good.

Er... wait... I'm not sure if that even made any sense.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Love has its meaning, you just have to find that love tha you want to be with for the rest of your life, not just a 25 cent whore to please you for a few days, this world has become too sex oriented too give the younger people a chance to actually learn and prosper.

Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say idealy love is the highest level of affection of which man is capable. And idealy if two were to divorce from a relationship it would be because they weren't truly in love. I don't think this concept of love is the case though. I think the whole situation of relationships is very gray. I don't think there is love but only varying degrees of affection and compatibility. In addition I think that relationships require just as much if not more strength and loyalty than fondness for one another. I'm not trying to be cynical or inhumane. I think the beauty of it all is in the relationship and I think love is just a word.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

all you people think that love is degraded,m its not degraded love couldn't be any better, its just how we portrey our love thats been changed and degraded.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hello members of AO.

Do you guys think love nowadays has any meaning, even a little if none at all? or do you think it has been degraded because of lust, dis-loyalty and what not?
    Or is it the same as if it was before?

I personally believe it has been loosing it's value because of the changes in society. And also girlfriends are getting common nowadays, and people with girlfriends complete their needs without getting married, regardless their age.

Is it neccessary to have a girlfriend or a partner to show that you can love/are cool and so on...?

So what do you guys think?

i dont know if its love on the decline; its more that society is on the decline.

you can always date an era by the movies being made. lets look at the movies being made now- usually a dumb comedy with a pair of male young leads who spend the whole movie getting drunk and having sex.

the other problem is that people enjoy watching this garbage; and by people i dont include myself.

but back to the love- society is on the decline, people are more concerned with drinking and sex; so yes, love may be on the decline.

The question should be: "Are people on the decline?"

Newbie Gnesao is off to a good start Gnesao's Avatar
    Thanks

i feel that its been degraded (wont say why), and i really dont like that because now noone really just wants to be with someone, they just want them to be cool or something else that i really dont care about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast