View Poll Results: Is love loosing it's value?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's true! Cheating/lying/dis-honesty is common...

29 40.28%
  • No, it is the same, just some people do not know love.

30 41.67%
  • Maybe maybe not.

13 18.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

lol for me love hasnt lost value i like someon right now ( but know know he likes moi TT__TT)
    but every one has someone so love musint have lots value
    u see cutr newly weds and your like awww then u see them when they are old and your like that long OMG lol but i really dont think it has lost value just just need to find the right person.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

With some people love means nothing. But with others its their lifes blood. Just like with anything there will be people who cherish it and people who will abuse it.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Nowadays love has became: commercial -you show love by the stuff you can buy-, superficial -the outside is the thing that matters, so common that has lost its real significance -I have known a 16 year old married couple- Please.... there is when you are still a kid... what the heck are doing those kids... they don't know the real meaning of love... love it is not having sex.... sex it is NOT equals to sex. That's the new meaning of love for most of ppl.
    Yes I agree, in the advertisememnts about clothes, watches, perfumes/deodrants and even a hamburger, they compare them to SEX. Nowadays the generalization of Love is like either having a boygriend or a girlfriend, have sex and yes you get the point.
    The MAIN reason kids want to get married in such a young age is that they're [stupid] impatient and just want to have sex quickly. I mean they're just 15 or 16 years old and they have not even seen the world properly let alone think about loving.

i really don't know what is the hurry to have a bf\gf.... It is amazing to find ppl that are surprised that I am SINGLE!!!!! not bf or even worst... a FIANCEE at my age...... I am fine w\out one for now. There is no hurry.... for me is ridiculous that a 15 year old has already an active "sexual" life.... what are two KIDS having sex????? KIDS DON'T KNOW NOR GIVE THE REAL MEANING OF THAT ACT.
    I don't think there is any need to have one either, so quickly, I mean oh that person is so cute and so on, I want him/her"
    It's better to worry about your life than what somebody says about you not having a partner.
    And it's surprising that children lose their virginity at the age of 12, and they keep on having new partners saying he or she is the "perfect one" and keep on fullfilling their needs, and the next thing they say is they know nothing about sex!

I want to be ABLE TO TRULY LOVE and BE TRULY LOVED.

--------------------------------

I think you should stop comparing love, to only the online affairs you have had. No one said love was easy, or easy to maintain, they just said the feeling is great. haha.
    Why you being so moody? Love will never loose its affected. It's shared between mother and child. Its one of the greatest gifts from God. No matter what time zone your in, love never dies. Only people!
    Nope it's not about online stuff.... not for me anyway.
    True, love feels great just wait till it grows on you = =;
    I know the love between mother and a child is significant and heart melting, and it never dies off ^_^

Now when someone says they love you, it doesn't mean they do, if you mean is there more lies in it these days? Why yes! Who doesn't want to [sex] these days. Peer Pressure anyone?

Cheating/lying/dis-honesty: Those have nothing to do with love, and there not done out of love.

Love these days is being changed by people, and most kids are getting there love thoughts off "Romeo and Juliet." Love is very simple! Is it so hard for a women to love her new born baby?
    Yup, there are a lot of lies in this world nowadays, love might be the same but for people it's loosing it's value! If somebody says "I LOVE YOU!" They are mostly referring to have sex. For some cases it might not be true. Peer pressure? mmmm maybe........
    -------------------------------------------
    lol for me love hasnt lost value i like someon right now ( but know know he likes moi TT__TT)
    but every one has someone so love musint have lots value
    u see cutr newly weds and your like awww then u see them when they are old and your like that long OMG lol but i really dont think it has lost value just just need to find the right person.
    Lol awwwww who? xD
    I agree. When the couples get old and they've been married for 50 years or MORE then I can say they love each other, because to maintain a marriage for such a long time is no easy thing.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it has been degraded. Now a days most poeple are cheating,lying,or just beeing stupid saying that they love someone when they dont even know what love is. I mean the word love is getting used like the woed 'the' or 'and' and thats not good. You should only say you love someone like your best friend of like 7 years or your bf/gf of like 2 years. Not someone you like just met and think there cool. So yeah I think love is be degraded.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    True, love feels great just wait till it grows on you = =;
    That's the real love... not the one u see everyday on tv and hollywood movies...... Love is too big to really define what it is.... it goes beyond all understanding............ and I'll say it again love isn't equals sex
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

The word love is thrown around too easily now. You dont have to love someone to be in a relationship with them. Love comes with time. True love can make it through almost any event in a persons life. The problem people run into is that they dedicate themselves to one person for the rest of their lives after only a year or two. Since people live 80 to 100 years now as opposed to 40-75 a hundred years ago, they have to find someone they can truley stay with for 60+ years. Its hard to know if a couple is that compatable after only a few years.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    The word love is thrown around too easily now. You dont have to love someone to be in a relationship with them. Love comes with time. True love can make it through almost any event in a persons life. The problem people run into is that they dedicate themselves to one person for the rest of their lives after only a year or two. Since people live 80 to 100 years now as opposed to 40-75 a hundred years ago, they have to find someone they can truley stay with for 60+ years. Its hard to know if a couple is that compatable after only a few years.
    =.= a words a word. It means nothing. Its how you show it. Yes people do say "I Love you" to early, and most aren't the committing type, till there up age. Like 40, not even that really.

But that doesn't mean Love has gotten degraded. Its the people that have. Love is eternal. Its been going on for Generation. So has Cheat and Betrayal.

So people live longer. =.=; Doesn't mean Love dies. People just don't know how to keep the spice in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    Yes it has been degraded. Now a days most poeple are cheating,lying,or just beeing stupid saying that they love someone when they dont even know what love is. I mean the word love is getting used like the woed 'the' or 'and' and thats not good. You should only say you love someone like your best friend of like 7 years or your bf/gf of like 2 years. Not someone you like just met and think there cool. So yeah I think love is be degraded.
    Here's where your wrong. If the word was used so serous like, you would fall for it faster if a guy used it towards you. Its just like if someone says the "N" word. They say it so it has no power. If people just stopped about it. If someone randomly said it. It would have more power.

The word "I love you" Needs no power! Its the power of effect. If someone tells me they love me. I most likely think they want to control me. If they show me. Thats what really counts.

Not the words. People are just so sicking these days and just want s*x, and the ones that want "Love, and affection" are some what attractive to ones that want sex with no affection.

But with AIDs and STDs making its way up in the world. You best believe "Love" will be taken serious onces again. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Whos comparing it to love online ??
    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    But eny way i know love isent easy or easy to maintain but to say some one lives u for months and them leave them for no reason is not cool.Of corse people lie to them selfs most of the time when they say they love some one but i dont find it right to say it just to have sex.Maybe im old fashon or its how i was brought up but i say if u say love some one u should mean itand it should not just be about sex.
    I was talking about someones love life, not to the whole thread.

People only lie to themselves, because they don't want to hurt the other. Haven't you heard the saying. "You will love him more in time?"

xP duh!

Anywho.

I think in the start Love is very pure, its just you don't let others affect you, on what you really know.

^^;
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Lotski is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    I guess we can't say that... it depends on person to person.
    But the thing I really find annoying about bfs/gfs is that if they're going through a bad time they tend to break up. But hey this thread is about love ^^;

Anyways it might also depend on a person's background and his or her aspects about this particular area of life. If his or her parents always fight so the person probably might not bother loving somebody else.
    YES, that is absolutely right! The relationship sometimes
    is affected when a problem occurs inside the family.
    It happens to me many times, in that case I have to gather
    all of my understanding to avoid the "break up" or "cool off" part.

But when i had enough, my love fades & started to be
    an ordinary relationship. No more sincerity or what so ever loyalty then it just snaps. Still breaks up in the end...

If you don't like me, it's mind over matter.
    I don't mind and you don't matter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast