View Poll Results: Is love loosing it's value?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's true! Cheating/lying/dis-honesty is common...

29 40.28%
  • No, it is the same, just some people do not know love.

30 41.67%
  • Maybe maybe not.

13 18.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Love Nowadays - Degraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star View Post
    My aunt said she did it because she thought he had cheated on her. And he said he couldn't help it. Whether or not they love each other I don't know, but their not the only ones I know that do that sort of thing. My own mother and her ex-husband did the same thing. They said they were in love too.That's why I say love is loosing it's meaning. It's used more freely. Plus they "love" each other by not just cheating on each other either, but by lying, doing things in spite of the other, and keeping other secrets that shouldn't be kept. IDK...

Again, I'm young and haven't really had a "love" relationship. Love even in my family seems to be buying people things to make them happy. That's great and all, but I want more sometimes. Then watching my family with the people they "love" makes me not want it. (I know there are others who truely love each other in the world, but they are the ones I'm around most. The ones I'm like most.)

Now, you say you have not ever fallen in love and whatnot.. so do not put yourself under the title of "being like them". You can overcome this feeling of hatred towards the emotion of "love". Trust me when I say this, I am in the exact same postion as you as to where someone stands in the area of "love". I say real love doesn't exsist out there... that it is used more freely, but I also say that there are people out there who love each other and who will die for each other. Which is why you should still have hope. What your aunt and uncle and other family members do... don't base love on them. It's not worth it. There is such a thing as love, star. You just have to look deeper into some situations. But I do not believe it is losing its value.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Just recently i heard from a friend, she is mature... 18 years old, that her boyfriend dumped her because he believed a rumour without asking her and she's like "it's okay, I don't mind because i have some other guy chasing me"

So the people saying I love you and become couples or partners, why do they tend to break up that easily and not care in the end? So pathetic.

Thanks

I don't think it's pathetic. I think it's all right. Dating in schools is just for the experience and fun. But you know.. things happen. There will be once or twice when there is a true couple who really love each other. But most of the time, its just for the fun of it all. Yes, the word "love" is used very loosely these days.. but the actual meaning of it all hasn't lost its value.

Newbie aznxshawtii is off to a good start aznxshawtii's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea. I mean like love is still love, its just more like a word now, rather then the full meaning. Nowadays, ppl just say love to take advantage of ppl.

Newbie Alucard662 is off to a good start
    Thanks

blah love is just a cheap word to make the other person shut up ive been cheated on so many times i say screw love its all bull

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, dating and love is what it has always been. Just that with peoples ideals and morals changing from what they used to be it has gotten a little forgotten. Im not going to say that im any different from anyone else. Im just as lost on love as anyone else. Anyone that says they understand love is lying.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Thanks

blah love is just a cheap word to make the other person shut up ive been cheated on so many times i say screw love its all bull
    Oh, you shouldn't say such a thing, Alucard. I'm sorry you had to go through with such cruelty, but there is such a thing as true love. I'm sure you will find it. Sooner or later.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I think theres more value put in love then there's ever been and it's quite sickening. We have valentines day, mother's and father's day, heart shaped boxes full of chocolate, roses etc.

When I went to High School they had this thing where you would pay to send a girl or boy chocolate with a real rose with a valentine message or something. I can't beleive that school would take care of those stupid teenagers like that or society taking advantage of people as a whole with this love doby crap.

Since we're kind of on the subject marriage never had anything to do with love. That's just something new they made up . Marriage is and was to secure power for yourself or family and most people had arranged marriages. You know why my mother married my father? She told me because he was nice looking, had a good education and a good job, and knew how to fix almost everything. I don't think she once said that he married him because she loved him. The've been married 36 years I think.(I'm 21 by the way) Well their marriage is at least over thirty years anyway.

My cousin married this woman at least 10 years older than her. I he's 20 something and she's 30 something. He sleeps with other 20 year olds and his wife is okay about it. People might say he shouldn't have her consent to sleep around with other people but they're happy with their marriage the way it's set up.

Anyway whats love got to do with it, got to do with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast