• What is love? lol.

16 10.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Relationships!

Newbie Luigiz may be famous one day Luigiz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Love Relationships!

Hello, all. I think it may be helpful as well as interesting to look at relationships in a different way. I guess we have all been through many relationships, learnt this or that technique, suceeded and failed, but chances are we are still pretty confused about the whole thing. For many of us, our past experience, if anything, is just making us wonder whether that which we are looking for really exists. Instead of looking at relationships as a way to complete ourselves by finding something or someone who can give us what our mind says it's lacking in our lifes (i.e. a feeling of being attractive, a way out of our solitude, sex, etc.), wouldn't it make a world of difference to use our relationships as a way by which to know ourselves better? If I got to know this "mind" of mine more thoroughly, wouldn't perhaps that be the same as understanding what not to do and who not to be in future relationships so that a new outcome is possible, in the world of my relationships as much as anywhere else? Author Guy Finley says that "for the person to whom and in whom self knowledge begins to become a living force, there can be no such thing as a bad day or a bad relationship. It’s impossible, because everything that happens to us as self-working men or women is used for the purpose it was created… which is help us discover our actual condition. Then, the whole of the world and all of its whirling and confusing relationships provides us an opportunity to change the whole of our lives." Now, that really seems like good advice to at last start enjoying different relationships with people and events, doesn't it? To me, advice, techniques, tips, etc. given out so that we can lure others into satisfying our desires sounds quite manipulative and selfish. No wonder when the excitement fades and we've satisfied our need, the whole relationship starts falling apart. I am sure we can all relate to that, can't we?
    What I am sharing with you has helped me to change the way I relate to others. Perhaps the idea of more authentic relationships, less selfish and more conscious, is really the true way to go. Only we have given very little thought to it up until now.
    Check out this great article.
    I hope this helps.
    Luis

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megumi
    oh well, I'm currently in love with some one. I've loved him now for 2 years and even after all this time he's still the most important aspect of my life. I love him with my whole heart, and I honestly believe he's the guy for me cuz even if I've had love relationships before and all, I've never felt as in love with some one as I feel with him. he's truly my whole world.

Oh and I take love very seriously. I can easily fall in love with a guy, but the words dont come out just as easy...=/ it takes a while for me to get used to him and to trust him with my heart, and once after that then I'm really romantic and very caring.

For instance, it took my current bf around 4 month to get me to say to him that I loved him and once I did, I really felt it deep inside me that I did.

I feel that a person can fall in love with some without knowing them very well, as it kinda happened to me, but the longer the relationship last the more you get to know him and the more you realize if you really love him or if you dont.
    I've come to the realization that I'm not ready for love. Love is something that should be cherished and sought after, not just a simple "boy meets girl" scenario. That's why 91% of marriages end in a divorce. So I sit back, meet girls, maybe go out with them, but I NEVER say I love you to a girl because I wouldn't mean it, and it would make the relationship a lot more complicated than it had to be. So my decision is, don't make quick decisions, because they will almost always end up with a faulty outcome.
    Last edited by Metsuki Anba; Aug 02, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Newbie Megumi may be famous one day Megumi may be famous one day Megumi's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, Im not the type of person that likes to get in a relationship with some one when I barely care for that person. I've seen some of my friends think themselves in love and date the guy for like weeks maybe month but you see them together and you know something is very wrong with that picture. You can easily notice that its a very shallow relationship.

But due to my expirience with my bf and what I've seen of 2 of my best friends with theirs, I really believe there's a lot of love going on. You know it because guys are not really into showing girls they love them and when its just a crush you know its very shallow, yet you see their bf's and you notice just how much he cares for her, just how much he's aware of everything she does, its there. When I spend time with ma bf I know he loves me, not only because he tells me so, but because of the things he does to show me.

Newbie PartOfTheDEAD may be famous one day PartOfTheDEAD may be famous one day PartOfTheDEAD's Avatar
    Thanks

love sucks i hate love
    very positive i no lol
    HAIL To Pyro_Psyco
    Who Made This Awesome Sig
    1st Females to Join the Noobie Clan

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Enlighten us with your stories and thoughts...
    You really want to you, you monkey rascal? ^^;; eheheh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Have I been in love? A tough question. lol. I only plan to fall in love once and love that person only, till my soul ceases to exist; for all eternity, that is.....
    I go for that notion and that is what I will intend to do also. ^^;; I will write you a good answer later. *Sticks her tongue out*
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya
    Yeah we are going to marry each other. We both feel mutually at all things and she was so cute when she said that I am her one true love. That made me the happiest man in the world. I won't disappoint her. So yeah we are commited so I won't be looking at any other girl. She is all I ever wanted, my one and only.
    Wheee ^^ Toshi-san is super super sweet. ^^;; When i saw the picture you sent me, I was so amazed, she is so kawaii. wow, her cheeks are so chubby chubby. ^^ Will Mayu get a special invitation to your wedding? Hehe ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjiru
    If I find the right gal I will pour my heart away for her.
    Awww Kenji-san is so sweet also. ^^ You will find that right girl ^^;; Remember what i told you ^^
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Newbie shinewu may be famous one day shinewu may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Greetings to the Members of AO,

Have you ever been in love or fallen out of it? If so, what is it that made you fall in love, or fall out of love with that certain someone?.. In other words, why is it that you fell in or fallen out of love with that person? Even those who haven't been in love, you may answer to this: Do you take love seriously and only offer it to the one whom you are sure about, or do you just fall in love to get a taste of it to fall in love again with someone else...?

!It is just that some people fall in love, meaninglessly, without knowing why they love that person other than them having good looks and all, which, to me, seems that most people don't cleary understand the value of love before they hop around calling out names, saying that they are in love with him//her, and then, the next day, they feel otherwise, or love some other person too.... Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be all hot-headed or serious, but love must be respected, that's all. ^_^

Enlighten us with your stories and thoughts...
    Love is like wind, you can not see it but you can feel it.

I'd like to say love is like aliens. You don't know nothing about it.
    But one day it comes. It feels awesome.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

love is rare and fragile and lots of kids mistake infatuation for tru love in there relationship. i dont think any kid here can actually say that they have the true love on there minds when there with a bf/gf i mean how can you tell at your age teens are still growing and learning all about love,sex,ect. and they think its OMG love wich it 99% of the time isnt. my self when i was 18 i thought it was love but it wasnt. i know i said that before on this thread but i still see some of you describbing love when all it could be is infatuation
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:26 PM.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm too damn selfish and ugly inside right now for love...........That, & Haven't met any women that truly took my breath away........Usually I'm too paranoid............
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast